• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC Setting Search (2002)

your father is

First Post
Just checking in to see how the settings folks first came up with for the search have progressed. I first joined these forums to talk about the search, and my setting (which, needless to say, didn't win) has formed the basis of several published short stories, including The Dead God's Destiny trilogy, currently being serialized in Flashing Swords -- as well as a retro science fiction series, and even a webcomic.

So how is your setting holding up? Beloved home-brew game, professional RPG sale, or basis for something else entirely? Hated, abandoned, cannibalized for good ideas? Or maybe just sitting in a drawer (hard-drive), biding time until it emerges again into your waking thoughts?

Anyway, the search was exciting, Eberron is cool, and I'm glad it introduced me to these forums. :)

fuindordm

Adventurer
your father is said:
Just checking in to see how the settings folks first came up with for the search have progressed. I first joined these forums to talk about the search, and my setting (which, needless to say, didn't win) has formed the basis of several published short stories, including The Dead God's Destiny trilogy, currently being serialized in Flashing Swords -- as well as a retro science fiction series, and even a webcomic.

So how is your setting holding up? Beloved home-brew game, professional RPG sale, or basis for something else entirely? Hated, abandoned, cannibalized for good ideas? Or maybe just sitting in a drawer (hard-drive), biding time until it emerges again into your waking thoughts?

Anyway, the search was exciting, Eberron is cool, and I'm glad it introduced me to these forums. :)

Sure sounds like it was worth your while! My own setting inspired me to start writing a novel. It's nowhere close to done, but it's fun to work on it.

Ben

diaglo

Adventurer
your father is said:
Wow, you must know it pretty well! Do you use it exclusively, or switch between it and other settings?
i have a terrible memory and a huge setting. so although, i know it very well. i still need to look at my notes to remember just what i'm doing. :eek:

also the setting is open to PC manipulation. so it is adaptable as the PCs change and the players put things into their background they'd like to see or do or have done.

Gundark

Explorer
diaglo said:
i know which thread you got it from... and i think it was your prodding/dare that got me to add it to my sig.

i put it in my sig on about 11 or so other sites too.

Wow 11 you get around. I only can do about 3-4 different forums. Well you got me beat there

Remove ads