• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WOTC Setting Search (2002)

Khayman

First Post
The setting I submitted was the product of a collaboration, so I wasn't in control of certain of its aspects. Since then, I've pared it back to my core concept, run some one-shots in it, and have used it for some short fiction.

It was a post-cataclysmic world with huge rents in the surface that spewed aberrations (trolls, for example, were mutated humans --- like living cancers, they just_won't_die); where the gods had died and nature was filling the vacuum by birthing new deities to mortal parents; and people were literally diving into these big trenches and hauling out magic and... things.

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
While I didn't send in a setting for the WotC Setting Search, I do have a few D&D and/or d20 settings that I've created over the years. The biggest and most detailed is World of Kulan. It has a little bit of fame here on EN World, but nothing major, which is how I prefer it. (See my sig for my story hours.)

The bulk of this homebrewed D&D setting can be found at my World of Kulan Yahoo Group, which I update from time to time.

Knightfall's World of Kulan Yahoo Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/worldofkulan/

My other main homebrewed D&D campaign is called Time of Ages, although it doesn't get as much of my creative time. It is my default world of my "Steampunk Spelljammer" cosmology concept. It also has its own yahoo group, which can be found here.

I also have a homebrewed version of the Dragonstar Campaign Setting created by Fantasy Flight Games, called Arcanum of the Stars, but I haven't created much for that in the last six months. I also have another homebrewed campaign, which is based on the concept of "Book of Vile Darkness vs. Book of Exalted Deeds", called Dark World. It is still in the beginning stage of development.

Cheers!

Knightfall1972

Last edited:

your father is

First Post
Khayman said:
It was a post-cataclysmic world with huge rents in the surface that spewed aberrations (trolls, for example, were mutated humans --- like living cancers, they just_won't_die); where the gods had died and nature was filling the vacuum by birthing new deities to mortal parents; and people were literally diving into these big trenches and hauling out magic and... things.

Sounds like a neat concept. :cool:

Knightfall1972: Hey, I'm from Edmonton, too!

Last edited:

Khayman

First Post
your father is said:
Sounds like a neat concept. :cool:

Thanks. I rather liked the notion of Hungerdogs dumpster-diving behind Cthulhu's house. :]
We're in the midst of dusting off the material, so it's not dead. Just sleeping.

I've used mine successfully for several message board games that still continue to today. I've used those to playtest a few things that found their way into a couple products from Blue Devil Games.

your father is

First Post
Knightfall1972 said:
Hi. There are a few of us Edmontonians kicking around here. :p

I'm always surprised to see anyone from Edmonton anywhere. :)

Varianor Abroad said:
I've used mine successfully for several message board games that still continue to today. I've used those to playtest a few things that found their way into a couple products from Blue Devil Games.

Not too shabby -- keep up the great work!

Remove ads