• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Sneak Peek Seminar

Sleepy Voiced

First Post
I just checked out the video over on gamingreport (http://gamingreport.com/article.php?sid=22048&mode=thread&order=0) of the D&D sneak peek seminar. Well, I didn't really watch it, just fast forwarded to the end to see the images for later in 2007. One of the images looks very much like another Monster Manual. The image that really got my attention is clearly of Mordenkainen. Does this mean we can expect Greyhawk next year? I don't know. It'd be cool though.
Any other guesses on these or any of the other images?

Stone Dog

Adventurer
If not actual Oerth Greyhawk, at least an Expidition to Castle Greyhawk is likely. They already confirmed Expiditions to Castle Ravenloft and the Demonweb pits after all!

Kishin

First Post
I'm banking on it being Expedition to Castle Greyhawk, and it being the secret project Erik Mona hinted at being involved in on more than one occasion.

I like how Chris deliberately lets that one linger. "I'll let you look at this one for awhile, see if you see anything familiar." Way to milk it. ;)

The illithid head on the cover of that Monster Manual looks really sinister. I like it a lot.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Kishin said:
The illithid head on the cover of that Monster Manual looks really sinister. I like it a lot.
MM5 will be nothing but mind flayers with class levels, including 20 pages of mind flayer commoners.

You heard it here first.

Ron

Explorer
I found funny to see that the very last slide was the Caves of Chaos. Considering how much they like to do the same adventure over and over again, perhaps WotC thought it was time to pay respects to the Keep again.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
The PHB2 painting of Caves of Chaos was awesome and really, really inspirational. (Certainly much more impressive than they seemed in B2.)

An Expedition to the Keep on the Borderlands/Expedition to the Caves of Chaos would be super awesome.

Remove ads