• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC still has "it" apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormonu

Legend
Last month, I started a thread called "Is WotC Slipping?" I was going to post this in that thread, but unfortunately, it got locked. Felt like it was the right thing to do, as I'd sort of ragged on them for not being in first place the last time around.

So, as I was looking on Amazon (again), I checked to see what Heroes of Shadow was sitting at for preorders. Well, its about two weeks from release as I write this, and its sitting at the #1 spot in gaming on the site. Pretty strong indication they're still popular when they haven't even shipped a copy and folks have put it in 1st place with preorders. So, looks like D&D still has the lion's share in popularity, and probably has been slacking due the lack of new releases of late (Last previous release was MV? Back in October?)

P.S.: 25th anniversary Battletech in 6th place??? Lotta battletech luv out there (me being one myself).

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Amazon rankings are all over the place. Yesterday, Pathfinder had 7 of the top 10 gaming products and heroes of shadow was 4th.

Though it certainly provides another argument against the (rather small) Pathfinder has clearly overtaken D&D! crowd, it still doesn't really tell us anything.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
In before the lock! :p

And yes, Amazon's rankings are interesting, but they tend to change with the winds and with the day (or even hour).
Preorders do weird things anyway - regardless of whose they are.

Preorder too much and you have large returns Returns are the devil.

The Auld Grump, the very Devil, I say!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads