• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC Take Note: If DoaM is core to 5e I will buy it!

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Pandering to gamers who believe dice rolling involves player skill is a losing proposition, because it's irrational.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here.

Fighters shouldn't deal damage on each attack. It's a booby prize.

YourOpinion_zpsae7b97c1.png

Look man, I haven't gotten all insulting up on you. But if that's the conversation you want to have I can recommend a completely different message board for that.

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
Looking over the playtest document at the various fighting styles, I think I like the Great Weapon style the best. Which means I'll probably use that with the fighter I'm planning on having at Gencon.

I like the idea of having some kind of impact every round, even if I roll poorly.

Thaumaturge.

Halivar

First Post
I'm fine with GWF, but it feels underpowered because (speaking for myself) I plan to hit the baddies every single swing. I don't plan for failure. :p

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
I'm fine with GWF, but it feels underpowered because (speaking for myself) I plan to hit the baddies every single swing. I don't plan for failure. :p

Whereas defense and protection are underpowered to me, because I plan to never be hit. :cool:

Thaumaturge.

evileeyore

Mrrrph
I have to plan for "Can I do this without rolling dice and if I have to roll dice succeed in some fashion regardless?".

PowerWordDumb

First Post
Your argumentation has convinced me. I too will buy 5e/6e/(N)e to enjoy a rousing DoaM mechanic.

A "miss" in D&D has never meant lack of contact, it has always allowed for glancing blows that do not hit solidly. The possibility for some form of lessened damage on a "miss" roll therefore is intrinsically simulationist.

Scarbonac

Not An Evil Twin
Hm. I have held in my heart nothing but hate for the very concept of DoaM, but now I starting to think "Newsletter!"...

evileeyore

Mrrrph
Hm. I have held in my heart nothing but hate for the very concept of DoaM, but now I starting to think "Newsletter!"...
With every new convert the Mission grows! With every new voice chanting our love for DoaM we strike at the dark heart of the Anti-DoaM forces!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

/end comedy

DDNFan

Banned
Banned
With every new convert the Mission grows! With every new voice chanting our love for DoaM we strike at the dark heart of the Anti-DoaM forces!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

/end comedy

You're a day late and a dollar short, buddy.

Have fun playing those non-D&D games you love, since you hate D&D so much and DoaM was the only reason for you to buy it, I guess we'll see you around for the 6th edition rules.

To everyone else who's been arguing for damage on a miss, :p

I was about to quit this hobby entirely if they kept it in there, this was a very close call for me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads