• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC website down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkB

Legend
Same here. An internal server error, which could just mean it's down for maintenance - it does seem to go down periodically around mid-week quite frequently.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I think it's their article-queuing system. I suspect that it tries to make approved articles go live around midnight. If there is a goofy character in the article, it might be causing the weird server errors that show up there overnight. Or it could just be some goofball with nothing better to do DoSing their server.

Aus_Snow

First Post
msxml4.dll error '8007000e'

Not enough storage is available to complete this operation.

/default.asp, line 256

Anything like that? I've been getting variations on that for some time now.

Jedi_Solo

First Post
I'm getting a "Service Unavailable" message.

The D&D site seems to be down quite often for me. The main wizards page is usually up, but this time both the main page and the D&D page give me the above message.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Wizards has *seriously* dropped the ball with its website. This is not the first time that its site has been down - it's been fairly frequent for the past month.

To make things worse, the character tracker for its new flagship RPGA campaign - Xen'drik Expeditions - is broken and has been broken for weeks, possibly months.

MarkB

Legend
Aus_Snow said:

/default.asp, line 256

Anything like that? I've been getting variations on that for some time now.
I've had that occasionally. I didn't get it when I checked the site this morning - just a regular "Internal server error" - but I am now.

It does seem to be becoming more frequent.

Huw

First Post
Still down for me. I get:

/global/utils.asp, line 700

Same as Aus_Snow, but with a different ASP script.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads