• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC yanks the rug out

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I'm sorry. I just have a real hard time getting worked up (much less all-caps worked up) over a specialty, small-print-run book being pushed back 3 months.

the Jester

Legend

WHAT THE HELL, WIZARDS. WHAT THE HELL.

How much more bitter would you be if they released it with misprints and bad binding? How much more invective would you hurl- "THEY SHOULDN'T HAVE PRINTED THIS TIL IT WAS READY, HOW COULD THEY GIVE ME AN INFERIOR PRODUCT???!!1!!ELEVENTYONE!!!"

Sheesh. This delay is a good thing.

Dausuul

Legend
I wish I could XP people's XP comments, because this deserves it:

"That rug really tied the room together. Did it not?" --Wednesday Boy

I'm sorry. I just have a real hard time getting worked up (much less all-caps worked up) over a specialty, small-print-run book being pushed back 3 months.

Yeah, I'm really not seeing the ZOMG!!! issue here either. Not knowing the original scheduled date, it wasn't until I read the second post that I realised what the OP was upset about.

Before then I assumed it was the price that was the issue (or possibly the page count). Considering this book isn't exactly new content I would see the delay as much less of an issue compared to a completely new book (and even then it wouldn't be a big deal for me).

Olaf the Stout

Greylock

First Post
I'm still wondering how a book company stays in business without releasing, you know, books. While printing issues are legitimate and a longtime problem regardless of publisher, I'm left feeling that WotC gave a pie-in-the-sky original release date just to keep their name and IP on the front pages.

Remove ads