• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC_Bruce serves the dragon

sukael

First Post
Zaruthustran said:
I hope so. Chases should be exciting. Maybe it's a contested roll, with opponents getting modifiers for high Int (able to figure out out angles of attack, obstacles, shortcuts), Dex (able to navigate obstacles, weave between crowds, stay on one's feet), or Con (endurance in long race).

Probably something like Star Wars Saga Edition, where after running long enough you have to start rolling the Endurance skill or suffer performance penalties (IIRC).

The Little Raven

First Post
sukael said:
Probably something like Star Wars Saga Edition, where after running long enough you have to start rolling the Endurance skill or suffer performance penalties (IIRC).

Yeah, that's how I did it in Saga.

You wanna race and have identical speeds? Roll Endurance. The lower roll means you start flagging first, and lose the race.

Abstraction

First Post
RigaMortus2 said:
This is the part I am interested in. It seems to imply that there may be a mechanic involved for chasing someone down, and escaping from them. In 3E, you really could never get away from a chase unless you had a higher speed. Perhaps there are mechanics now that allow you to do so?

FWIW, me and my group never ran into the problem of fleeing or tracking/hunting down enemies who tried to flee us. It has never really been an issue w/ our group, but I know a lot of people don't like it (3E - "I run 240 feet to get away, probably provoking an AoO for doing so"; enemy goes, they run 240 feet and catch up, rinse and repeat)
You don't have to outrun the ghoul, you just have to outrun the gnome.

Cadfan said:
Let me try again, since last time didn't work.

HOLY WOW! STAR PACTS ARE IN! WE ALL THOUGHT THEY WERE OUT BECAUSE OF THE WARLOCK PREVIEW BUT REALLY THEY ARE IN! RACE AND CLASSES WASN'T JUST SHIPPED TO THE PRINTERS TOO EARLY, STAR PACTS ARE REALLY IN! I WONDER WHAT THEY ARE! LET US ALL SPECULATE ON THIS RATHER THAN DISCUSS THE SPELL "IDENTIFY," WHICH IS JUST AS BORING TO TALK ABOUT AS IT IS TO CAST!

Does it work better with exclamation marks?
Sorry, I didn't read you, it was all too capslocked... :)

Voss descriptions of Vestiges would fit for Far Realms (Cthulhu-inspired forgotten gods), too, so I really don't know which one fits better. Maybe the Far Realms and forgotten or lost entities are in fact something different. The Far Realms definitely seems more tangible and "contemporary" then something lost.

Cadfan said:
Let me try again, since last time didn't work.

HOLY WOW! STAR PACTS ARE IN! WE ALL THOUGHT THEY WERE OUT BECAUSE OF THE WARLOCK PREVIEW BUT REALLY THEY ARE IN! RACE AND CLASSES WASN'T JUST SHIPPED TO THE PRINTERS TOO EARLY, STAR PACTS ARE REALLY IN!

But it may not mean star pacts are in PHB1. They could easily be in the first arcane supplement.

OakwoodDM

First Post
Except for the whole thing that's been mentioned several times above this in this thread. He didn't put the ring on. He took it from the bony finger, then promptly disappeared, leaving his fellows to fight the nasties.

Mercule

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
The bit you quote is about the stealing of the ring... nothing to do with putting it on his own finger.

It might have been a case of "that looks valuable".

Dunno about anyone else, but my group's warlock is famous for looting things, especially when the rest of the party isn't looking. A few ranks in Sleight of Hand and the detect magic at will make it all too easy.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
they can use two packs.

I'd assume backpacks are in, but I wonder what the second pack might be.

Fanny?

363616436_b81910c653.jpg

Good to know my warlocks won't have to struggle with a place to put their stuff at higher levels. Though they probably will get made fun of a lot, I suppose they kind of get that anyway.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads