WotCs Other properties that could go on the DMsGuild.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I really wish Alternity (the original) would find its way onto DTRPG. The Dark*Matter setting especially was one of my favorites, as was the Tangents sourcebook (on alternate timelines). A quick look at Internet Archive versions of the DTRPG site suggests it wasn't ever on there, surprisingly, but obviously I can't search there very well...

As noted in another thread recently - while WotC has the copyright on the old Alternity stuff, the trademark for "Alternity" is apparently currently owned by Sasquatch games, and they are selling their new Alternity game (in pdf form) under that trademark.

Which I think means that without deals being made, technically WotC cannot sell the old Alternity material as-is, as they don't own the name.

GreyLord

Legend
Avalon Hill had Powers and Perils. I’ve always wanted to look at that, skill based fantasy with magic points supported by AH in house magazine.

I picked up a copy of that decades ago at a Toy Store. I've never played it. Never read it in depth enough to even really understand how it worked. It was on sale at the time for really cheap, which is why I bought it.

I remember there was an adventure for it I had which seemed to be high level or something as it was all about taking on a Lich.

System seemed complicated.

SPI had Dragon Quest and Universe. Both of witch I’d like a look at.

I’ve heard Dragon Quest is super crunchy, was it the game with division?

Universe was a Traveller clone? Is that right?
DragonQuest isn't that crunchy. It's different from almost any other system I've seen, but the only division in it I remember was in character generation.

Universe isn't a Traveller clone - the mechanics are quite different - but it's for the same kinds of SF settings.

Remove ads