Would any of these Star Wars creatures pass as a D&D creature?

Oryan77

Adventurer
I saw these Star Wars miniatures and was wondering if they could represent any D&D creatures from any campaigns. I didn't see any similar looking creatures in my D&D books, but I was wondering if anyone else might be able to match them up with any D&D creatures.

Geonosian:
geonosian.jpg

Nexu (large):
23_Nexu_videogame02.jpg

Weequay:
250px-Weequay_NEGAS.jpg

Aqualish:
250px-AqualishNEGAS.jpg

Rodian:
Onaconda_Farr.jpg

Caamasi:
250px-Caamasi_NEGAS.jpg

Mynock:
250px-Mynock_NEGAS.jpg

Yuuzhan Vong:
250px-YuuzhanVong_NEGAS.jpg

Blood Carver:
190px-Bloodcarver-batorine.jpg

Talz:
250px-Talz_NEGAS.jpg

Mantellian Savrip (large):
Mantellian_savrip.jpg

Kintan (large):
Kintan_Strider.jpg

Houjix (large):
Houjix.jpg

K'lor'slug (large):
K-lor-slug.jpg

Ng'ok (large):
250px-Ngok_swenc.jpg

Monnok (large):
Monnok.jpg

Molator (large):
molator.jpg

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I'd use any number of them as strange races or abberations and demons. Weequay might be used as Half-Orcs and Mynox might be a good stand in for stirges, and even Talz could be Yetis after a fashion.

I use both types of Gamorreans (as old school pig-faced orcs) and also some other SW minis (and many other types and brands) for my Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game tourneys (click the pic for more pics).

Last edited:

frankthedm

First Post
Given that D&D is infamous for having a bizarre menagerie, as long as the mini isn't wearing futuristic garb, lots of folks would not bat an eye at those minis in the dungeon.

dystmesis

First Post
If they're wearing futuristic garb it's ok too. What is a stormtrooper but a guy in a uniform suit of heavy armor with some kind of magical wand/staff weapon? :) A jedi could just be a psion or soulknife :)

Dice4Hire

First Post
Given that D&D is infamous for having a bizarre menagerie, as long as the mini isn't wearing futuristic garb, lots of folks would not bat an eye at those minis in the dungeon.

I have often thought of using some of the star wars minis to represtent polayer characters for guys who do not want to show their weapon, or if you cannot find the correect weapon/race mix.

I would draw the line at futuristic garb, though.

@ dystmesis A stormtrooper is not a guy in armor with a wand, sheesh.

Oryan77

Adventurer
I was hoping for more of a suggestion on what these minis could represent in D&D. Like specifics. "A Geonosian would make a decent [insert D&D creature here]." That sort of thing.

I've managed to match up a lot of Star Wars minis to represent D&D creatures. But I'm having a hard time finding any use for these guys.

The only thing I've found a use for any of these (which was really neat) was when I gave the Alienist PC a Nexu mini to represent his Pseduonatural lion. But I was hoping to find a more specific use for them. :)

hamishspence

Adventurer
concepts

Some D&D monsters are strongly similar to Star Wars ones.

The Darfellan (Stormwrack) is very similar to the Herglic, only smaller- both are black and white humanoids of cetacean type.

And the Daelkyr from the Eberron Campaign Setting are much like the Vong in appearance (humanoid) and style (wear living grafts). The daelkyr are very powerful though- and hail from Xoriat (Eberron version of the Far Realm).

There's usually something vaguely resembling the Star Wars creature. Yeti (Frostburn) compare well to Talz. Abeils (beefolk in MM2) could make good Geonosians. And so on.

Aegeri

First Post
I actually love it when people take something from fantasy or science fiction then put an "opposite" spin on it and make it work. Mynocks are cool not just in Star Wars but definitely in Dungeons and Dragons as well.

Oryan77

Adventurer
The Darfellan (Stormwrack) is very similar to the Herglic, only smaller- both are black and white humanoids of cetacean type.
There's several like this that look similar but are not the correct size. I'd prefer the mini be the correct size for the creature. I'd get bummed out when I'd find a good comparison and then realize either the mini is too big or small, or the D&D creature is too big or small. :(

And the Daelkyr from the Eberron Campaign Setting are much like the Vong in appearance
This is a good one that I didn't think about. Perfect.

Yeti (Frostburn) compare well to Talz.
I considered this, but I'm already using the Wampa as a Yeti. I was wondering if there was another use for the Talz since the minis have turtle shells on their back and weapons in hand.

Abeils (beefolk in MM2) could make good Geonosians.
I was considering this (as Vassal or Queen). But I couldn't tell if Abeils are quadrupeds. Not that it matters that much, but I thought there might be a better use for the Geonosians.

Remove ads