• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would like your help with plot points in a DS campaign...

Storyteller01

First Post
'ello Enworlders!!! I have two questions for the collective. ;)

My players in dragonstar are heading to play diplomat on an outlands planet on the edge of Noros space, specifically a survey of a new planets resources. Qesemet is on a 'peaceful contact' rampage, and a player screw has put the players employer until Mezzenbone's microscope. The players, as well as the rest of the survey team, have to play nice.

I'm planning to use this as a stepping stone into another nearby empire. The team will find a new type of magic item creation, and that local interstellar leadership will request that the players stay to represent the empire for the time the magic is investigated.

The planet has recently ended a war started by dwarves, so the humans resent the presence of of non humans (no characters are human).

So, what would you suggest for the 3 to 4 adventures that will be run there? The new magic item involves Incarnum and the planet's religious view (a type of reincarnation).

Second question: one of our players is a gestalt pilot/mechanist. Unfortunately, this doesn't give him too much opportunity to 'shine' as it were. I'm thinking of running a one shot with a planet based on the Rokugan campaign setting. Since said character is fey and LG, he'd register as (possibly) a very honorable nature spirit. The rest of the party is chaotic or evil, so the pilot would be the only one the locals will speak with, especially since the living ship they travel in won't do anything without the pilot.

This as far as I've gotten with either idea. I'd love any input you can give.

Thanks in advance! :)

Kesh

First Post
For the first part, perhaps the characters have to thwart a plan to steal the item, or are charged with helping secure it from harm. Another adventure could revolve around them stumbling into a secret cult that rejects the society's mainstream religion, or they have to rescue an Empire citizen who was trying to convert the locals to the Empire's religion.

As to the second, the team could stumble across a derelict ship that they really, really need to get out of there. Fast. While the team holds off whatever the threat is, the pilot/mechanist gets to fix the main problem and try to drive a very cranky ship out of a battle zone.

Zombies always make for fun on an abandoned ship. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads