• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would these maps make for a fun dungeon adventure?

Do the attached maps look like they'd be a fun dungeon to explore?

• Yes

Votes: 83 42.8%
  • No

Votes: 54 27.8%
  • Maybe/Other

Votes: 57 29.4%

Quasqueton

First Post
Do the attached maps look like they'd be a fun dungeon to explore?

Quasqueton

Attachments

• maps.jpg
    maps.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 2,977

Yellow Sign

Explorer
I would have to say no. Unless the DM is going to fudge a little bit and just use them as a guideline for the adventure. Mapping those as a player would be a nightmare.

They look cool but not practical.

YS

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I'd of course modify the tunnels a little bit if I were going to use them. Just too many weird things going on with the tunnels, IMO.

It's also hard to judge any of the others not on top since we can only see a part of them.

Voted maybe/other.

Old_Man_Fish

First Post
They look pretty good to me.... Mapping? you don't have to hit every dimension... Doesn't have to be concise. Is your character surveying the dungeon or exploring it?

jsewell

First Post
also voted Maybe/Other

It's too difficult for me to tell - low resolution, and only one you can see. I don't think dungeon crawls that confuse players are necessarily bad, but I do know they cause you problems: 'OK, now what are the dimensions of this room again?!?!?!?'

Shadowslayer

Explorer
I voted no, but me and my guys don't do mega-dungeons. That looks like a mega dungeon.

Also, I've seen that pic before...Im curious where you're going with this.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Dungeon that big needs a really good explanation for existing. My group doesn't like dungeon-crawling for the sake of dungeon crawling. Justifiying the existance of that monstrosity wouldn't be easy. Even harder to give the characters a good enough reason to go through all that.

KB9JMQ

First Post
As a player I would love it. I like a huge ol slash and hack once in a while.
As a DM - maybe - Filling out a dungeon that large takes forever to come up with a good story, theme and reason for each of the things that might be there.

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
That top map looks a little over the top, but what I can see of some of the others doesn't look too bad. As others have said, they don't look like published maps - so its not terribly important.

Remove ads