• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would this be rule wise legal? - When birds attack.

Ragmon

Explorer
So to keep it simple.

Level 1 Binder (Tome of Magic) + Improved binding = Got Malphas bound.

No I have the ability to summon a dove/raven (same stats), at-will and can only have 1 summoned.

Now I have a homing missile that deals 1 dmg to things that don't have DR. I noticed this a few days ago during a session.

Is this legal per the rules? Cause this seams really silly.

In 3.0 psionics, there's a power called Clairtangency, which lets you Far Punch (1 point of force damage, no attack roll) anyone you can scry upon. It takes a lot of power points and time, and anything that defends against scrying stops this, but you can literally assassinate any low-level character who doesn't have access to specific protection, if they don't have access to healing.

Ragmon

Explorer
In 3.0 psionics, there's a power called Clairtangency, which lets you Far Punch (1 point of force damage, no attack roll) anyone you can scry upon. It takes a lot of power points and time, and anything that defends against scrying stops this, but you can literally assassinate any low-level character who doesn't have access to specific protection, if they don't have access to healing.

Heh interesting.
I don't have a link for this power but, its at-will, no range or time limit on the bird and you fully control it and see, hear trough it. Could torment a small town of peasants like in Hitchcock's: Birds. maybe even kill a few. Or a goblin camp.... its just silly.

delericho

Legend
Note that a raven doesn't have any reach, which means it needs to enter the target's space in order to attack. And that means that the target gets an attack of opportunity first.

Ragmon

Explorer
Note that a raven doesn't have any reach, which means it needs to enter the target's space in order to attack. And that means that the target gets an attack of opportunity first.

That is true. What if the bird is charging, then too?

Oh and I think they wouldent get an AoO if their flat-footed, right?

delericho

Legend
That is true. What if the bird is charging, then too?

Yes, you still get an AoO against charging opponents, provided they do something to provoke it. But...

Oh and I think they wouldent get an AoO if their flat-footed, right?

This is also correct, unless the target has some feat or power that allows them to do so - Combat Reflexes, for example.

n00bdragon

First Post
I'd think after the first or at most second bird they'd start to associate small birds with kamikaze attacks and start rolling initiative on sight. This is in some ways better than actually assassinating them. You make them look like a complete looney.

Ragmon

Explorer
Yes, you still get an AoO against charging opponents, provided they do something to provoke it. But...

This is also correct, unless the target has some feat or power that allows them to do so - Combat Reflexes, for example.

Thanks G.I. Joe now I know. :D

Ragmon

Explorer
I'd think after the first or at most second bird they'd start to associate small birds with kamikaze attacks and start rolling initiative on sight. This is in some ways better than actually assassinating them. You make them look like a complete looney.

Heh, didn't even think about that one. Mmmm my DM is gonna dislike binders even more now. XD

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads