• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you allow this?

Nail

First Post
Gees, you have to read this a few times to note the "out", don't you?

Anyway, you'll note the text you quoted doesn't counter the text I quoted. After all, your text says nothing about supernatural abilities, while mine does.

:)

It's a "weenie" answer, if I ever saw one. ;)

kmdietri

Explorer
I just read this in another thread and I'm not sure where the person got it but here it is:

They failed to remove the much discussed 3.0 rule about " 'immunity' to most magical and supernatural effects" at the start of the 3.5 MM golem entry, but the new 3.5 rule can be found in the individual golem descriptions. The likely 3.5 intent is that all creatures with "magic immunity" only have immunity to effects that allow spell resistance.

diaglo

Adventurer
there are errata threads running over on the WotC forums. maybe they got it from one of them.

or maybe it is even in the new errata for the MM. (i haven't read them)

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Nail said:
We can argue "intent" as much as we like, but......
...we should at least look cool doing it. ;)

Heh. The 3.0 MM mentions Su effects both in the general description and in every golem entry.

Two possibilities:

One, they wanted to remove the Su immunity in 3.5 but forgot to remove it from the generaly entry.

Two, they intended to keep it in, which they did in the general entry, but forgot to mention it in the individual entries (which are the same text except for the names, so they only needed to forget it once).

Andre

First Post
kmdietri said:
I'm at work so I may be hazy on the details.

The first feat I think it's called Innate Spell.

Prereqs (I think) are Silent and Still Spell

The feat allows you to permanently make one spell slot into a 3/day Spell-like Ability.

The other feat would be Supernatural Transformation from Savage Species.

Which allows you to change a spell like ablity into a Supernatural one.

So for 4 feats you would have a 3/day supernatural ability.

Would you allow it?

Just thought I'd mention that this must be from 3.0. In 3.5 the limitations are even stiffer:

Innate Spell (Complete Arcane)
Prereqs: Quicken Spell, Silent Spell, Still Spell
Benefit: One spell you can cast becomes a 1/round spell-like ability, at the cost of losing permanently one spell slot eight levels higher. For example, making magic missile your spell-like ability costs the caster a 9th level slot (in addition to four feats).

Granted, the spell-like ability is usable every round, but the costs are pretty darn steep. Even for a cleric to gain, for example, cure light wounds at will, would it be worth it? Or a wizard to gain magic missile or charm person? Remember - the spell's DC would be that of a 1st-level spell.

As for making the ability supernatural, that depends on which spell-like ability was chosen, but I'm having trouble coming up with one that's worth the feat cost.

Andre

First Post
Thanee said:
He's refering to the real (;)) 3.5 Innate Spell which is found in PGtF.

Bye
Thanee

Let me get this straight.

WOTC designs and publishes feats for the 3.0 rules-set.
WOTC updates the rules to 3.5.
WOTC publishes feats for 3.5 that have the same name as their 3.0 versions, but with different mechanics.
WOTC then publishes feats for 3.5 that have the same name as other 3.5 feats, but with different mechanics.

LOL

Remove ads