• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you buy pre-made campaigns?

Cavalorn

First Post
delericho said:
Unfortunately, Mongoose lose me because I don't recognise the names of the authors. I know that's not very fair, but it's a key factor in my buying decisions.

Damn! I shall set to work on becoming more famous immediately! :)

Arnwyn

First Post
Gundark said:
No I'm not talking about settings. I'm talking about pre-made campiagns like the shackled city or the age or Worms.
Yes, absolutely, as long as they are easily insertable into my campaign. (For example, I've found both the Shackled City and Age of Worms to be a complete breeze in fitting into my long-running FR game.)
So is there a market for pre-made campaigns?
Beats me. That's something I can't answer.

Voadam

Legend
delericho said:
Likewise, if Bruce Cordell, Monte Cook and Sean Reynolds collaborated to put together a book. Unfortunately, Mongoose lose me because I don't recognise the names of the authors. I know that's not very fair, but it's a key factor in my buying decisions.

Monte's putting one out for City of Ptolus, levels 1-20 I think.

catsclaw227

First Post
I don't think Ptolus is a mega-adventure as much as it is a setting. Though there will also be some adventures and there will be an adventure (Night of Dissolution??) that follows the adventure in the setting guide. Also Banewarrens is included on the CD, though i am not sure if it's updated to 3.5 or not (that's a great module, BTW)

takasi

First Post
I'm running an Eberron AoW AP, currently at EaBK. The party is 5th level at Session 11. I only have time to run one campaign a week and I want it canned.

When this is done I might pick up Ptolus. I really like the format shown in the previews. Does anyone have any info on the "adventure" piece? Does the campaign setting include a mega-module, take you from level 1 to 20 "campaign-in-a-box"? Or is this a separately planned product?

What I would really like to see is an Eberron specific adventure path from either Paizo or WotC. Something identical to AoW or SCAP.

sagetim

First Post
personally, it would really just depend on the price, the setting, and wether it appealed to what I wanted to run the players through. for example: I've tried DMing something I made myself, and wound up finding that I lacked even half of what I needed to accomplish to make a good one shot...so, it would really depend on the setting, and wether it was affordable or not. another example: if the entire campaign was only 100 pages and they expected 30 or 40 $ for it, I would never buy it, even if it was the greatest one on earth. why? thats just too much for so few pages.

Hussar

Legend
Now that's something I don't understand. Price? Huh? With these mega-adventures, you're looking at HUGE amounts of play time. Far more than you'll see with any other single RPG book that you have on your shelf if you play the entire thing. I payed about 60 bucks for my World's Largest Dungeon at Amazon. Whoa, big money for a RPG book. But, I've now done 10 three hour sessions and I'm still in Region A (out of O). I estimate around 100 sessions or so to finish this baby off. That's 300 hours of gaming. That works out to what? Twenty cents/hour? This is a book that never sees any down time in my game. What more can you really ask for? How many books do you have in your collection that you open maybe once a month? I know I have more than a few. Going with the mega-adventure, so long as you have the group with the fortitude to go all the way through it, is a very minor investment as far as gaming stuff goes.

tetsujin28

First Post
Hussar said:
Now that's something I don't understand. Price? Huh? With these mega-adventures, you're looking at HUGE amounts of play time.
Word. Looking at Ptolus, I'm sure I'd get at least three years of gaming out of the beast.

Remove ads