• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would YOU play AD&D 2e?

Would you play in an AD&D 2e campaign?

• YES--If it was a good DM with a good group of players.

Votes: 200 58.5%
  • NO--It just isn't for me.

Votes: 142 41.5%

Pants

First Post
the Jester said:
Interesting- the general opinion seems to be that, whatever its faults, 2e had great settings. I have to agree- I loved Spelljammer, Darksun and Greyhawk, thought Ravenloft was okay and never really got a chance to play some of the other settings, like Al-Quadim or Birthright, that I really think I would've liked.
Well, to be fair, the 2e settings were great... as long as you ignored most of the rules. Which is good, considering that if I were to ever run one of those again, I'd be using 3.5.

Whatever 2e's faults, it had some good flavor settings, not the generic D&D books so much, which have about the same amount of flavor as the 3e Generic books, but the settings. Good stuff in there. :)

Vraille Darkfang said:
In fact, if Skills & Powers hadn't of come out my group would have completly abandoned D&D for White Wolf or Champions.

I kind of feel bad about S&P hate, even though I hated the system. It was an attempt to fix 2e's horrible inflexibility, but it, along with 2e psionics, showed what happened when you mixed incompatible systems.

diaglo

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
If it's a choice between 2E and no D&D, yes.
ditto.

if it is a choice between 2edADnD and d02. yes.

if it is a choice between 2edADnD and 1edADnD. i'd play 1edADnD

if it is a choice between 2edADnD and (2edD&D or 3edD&D) Holmes or 4edD&D Moldvay or 5edD&D Mentzer. i'd play any of the D&D editions over 2edADnD.

Johnnie Freedom!

First Post
diaglo said:
ditto.

if it is a choice between 2edADnD and d02. yes.

if it is a choice between 2edADnD and 1edADnD. i'd play 1edADnD

if it is a choice between 2edADnD and (2edD&D or 3edD&D) Holmes or 4edD&D Moldvay or 5edD&D Mentzer. i'd play any of the D&D editions over 2edADnD.

because OD&D (1975) is the one true game. all the others are pale imitations of the real thing.

(That about right?) ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads