• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

would you play your least fav edition if asked by friends

Dausuul

Legend
Would you go to play the game you dislike? what if it was the only game you could go to, so it is literally that or nothing tomorrow?
It's never "that or nothing." It might be the only game on offer, but there's always other stuff I can do. Even if I can't find friends to do anything with that day, I can write, or read, or practice dance steps, or paint minis, or pick a TV series I haven't watched and go on a marathon. Or go online and argue with people. :)

because we are so broken that it isn't even 'hanging out with friends' anymore. Some of us have become so entrenched we would rather do nothing then play the game, if it isn't the exact version of the game we want.

I don't understand this mindset that "If you really like your friends, you'll do anything with them no matter how much you hate it." JRRNeiklot gave a good example: He went camping in sub-zero weather recently. For him, that's a great time; for me, that would be hellish. There's nothing wrong with me giving it a pass.

Now, that doesn't mean I'll insist on doing only my absolute favorite things. In this particular case, I can't think of any edition of D&D that I'd decline. With the exception of the white box, I've played them all, and enjoy them enough that it'd be fun regardless. For a one-shot, I could even be talked into running the game. (I will never again run a full-length 3E campaign, however.)

But if somebody proposed running FATAL? Sorry, guys, I'm out.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads