• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Would you Swap 3.5e for Exalted?

Would you swap your 3.5e core rulebooks for an EXALTED 2nd Edition core rulebook

• Yes

Votes: 56 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 230 72.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 31 9.8%

• Poll closed .

Vocenoctum

First Post
Cam Banks said:
"Give us the PHB that you don't want any more and we will give you a copy of Exalted 2nd."

That's the simple fact. The rest is processing.

Cheers,
Cam

As I said, we're just talking past each other. I understand what you're saying, but you won't give me the same. The PHB in most cases never reachs WW, and there is no trade value, it's just a promotion requiring a PHB be tossed in the process. The difference is motive, attitude, presentation and such.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Vocenoctum said:
As I said, we're just talking past each other. I understand what you're saying, but you won't give me the same. The PHB in most cases never reachs WW, and there is no trade value, it's just a promotion requiring a PHB be tossed in the process. The difference is motive, attitude, presentation and such.

I suppose what I'm trying to figure out is why you care? If you're one of the people who no longer wants to play 3.5, and you have the option to give it up in place of a copy of Exalted, are you opposed to the terms of that arrangement? It isn't like there's any malice intended. WW isn't demanding anything. They're offering the trade, and whether they get all of the book or not is up to them (and in this case, it's not - they just want proof that you're handing in the book.) Your part of the process is giving up the book. If you don't want to give up the book, you don't get the Exalted rulebook.

If you're not one of the people who wants to hand in a copy of the 3.5 PHB, then that's the end of your involvement. WW isn't interested in switching out a copy of the book with somebody who doesn't want to.

As far as I can tell, the objections are:

1. You're destroying a book! Response: So? You didn't want it any more.
2. This is a marketing stunt! Response: Yes, and?
3. This requires a personal sacrifice! Response: So does trading in your old car. And?

Am I missing anything here?

Cheers,
Cam

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Well, there's 5th edition Paranoia...

Oh, wait. West End Games is out of business. Never mind.

WEG is not dead... according to their own rules, they are considered Mortally Wounded. Give them a few more rounds...

West End Games said:
MORTALLY WOUNDED
(13-15): A mortally wounded character falls prone and is unconscious. The character can’t do anything until healed . The character may die - at the end of each round, roll 2D. If the roll is less than the number of rounds that the character has been mortally wounded, the character dies. A mortally wounded character who is incapacitated or mortally wounded again is killed.

Last edited:

GammaPaladin

First Post
Cam Banks said:
Well, I suppose you could take your new copy of Exalted 2nd and rip the covers off, too. What does the guy who makes this trade care what WW plans to do with it? If you trade in your old car for a new one, are you horrified when it's taken off to the crusher?

Cheers,
Cam
Yes, actually. If it still runs, and the dealership were to scrap it I'd be quite upset at the waste of resources.

I'd be somewhat tempted to ask the dealership if they were likely to resell it or scrap it, and if the latter, I'd probably try to sell it to a private party instead.

Or give it away.

Seriously, it's not right to destroy perfectly servicable goods and products when there are people who need them.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
GammaPaladin said:
Seriously, it's not right to destroy perfectly servicable goods and products when there are people who need them.

Perhaps the book publishing industry should be encouraging bookstores to hand out stripped books to poor people?

Cheers,
Cam

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Vocenoctum said:
Why do you?
Why are you defending them?

I'll answer for both of us, because this is a discussion forum, and it's a topic of discussion.

Right, but "because we're talking about it" doesn't answer the question. Neither does "well, why are you?"

Cheers,
Cam

Asmor

First Post
GammaPaladin said:

Just out of curiosity, who needs the Player's Handbook?

It's a luxury item, by any definition.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads