• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wow, I have too many adventures. I need to pick some.

jester47

First Post
First off, let me say, I am not a collector. I am an archivist. A collector is a completeist whe it comes to items and has the intent of reselling and as a result seeks what he or she collects in the best condition possible. As an archivist it only needs to be complete and usable and some items I have no interest in archiving.

I have been looking at my archive of adventures. I have a growing collection of dungeon (complete 3e and some earlier), numerous necromancer games adventures, DCC, Almost all the playable AD&D adventures, and I am now aquireing WFRP and White Dwarf adventures.

It just occured to me: I can manage about 23 gaming sessions a year. I am guessing that if all goes well, I will be around for another 50 years. Thats 1150 sessions. I suspect that I could very well be approaching 1000+ sessions woth of adventures.

This does not include the stuff I am making up.

The only thing that I can think to do is pour through all my adventures, find the ones that really speak to me, and learn to run those select few well.

Right now my bag of tricks would be:

Temple of Elemental Evil: I would use the original hommlet, the "return to" Moathouse, with the "REturn to" lareth added in, The original Nulb, and the Original temple.
Tomb of Abysthor
Demons and Devils
The Crucible of Freya
(with The Wizard's Amulet)
Rappan Athuk Reloaded:[/b] When it comes out.
Forge of Fury
Vault of Larin Karr
Lost City of Barakus

Keep on the Borderlands: I would use this with In Search of the Unknown and maybe throw some stuff in from the "Return To" version.
The Desert of Desolation
An Evil Morning: An LG RPGA module.
The Future's Bright: Also an LG RPGA module.
UK 5 Eye of the Serpent
Caverns of Thracia
The Blackgaurds Revenge
The Sunless Garden
Bloody Jacks Gold
The Mysterious Tower
Aerie of the Crow God
The Lost City
Horror on the Hill
Rahasia
Journey to the Rock
Castle Caldwell and Beyond

The Isle of Dread: Combo Dungeon Update and original module.
Curse of Xanthanon
Master of the Desert Nomads
Temple of Death
The Shattered Circle
Queen of Lies
City of the Spider Queen

Swords against Deception: From To Stand on Hallowed Ground
The Ghost Machine: From To Stand on Hallowed Ground
Swords Through the Ice Gate: From Nature's Fury
The Crystal Tower: From Nature's Fury
White Plume Mountain: Adding in Return to White Plume Mountain, and From Keraptis With Love
Ghost Tower of Inverness
Slave Pits of the Undercity
The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
Anchient Kingdopms of Mesopotamia: Pretty much all the adventures in here.

About 20 odd adventures from pre 3e dungeon

About 20 add adventures from post 3e dungeon

About 20 adventures from issues of White Dwarf before #100

And even more stuff is comming out!

Thats approximately 100 adventures give or take depending on how you count. Most of these I have not played.

What is your module bag of tricks?

Aaron.

MonsterMash

First Post
I don't have anywhere near as much due to having been out of gaming for a long time till 2003, and being a keen homebrewer.

3e stuff:
Morrick Mansion
The Grey Citadel

previous editions
Largely stuff published in the Dungeoneer, still remember F'Chelrak's Tomb and the Fabled Garden of Merlin with affection - currently trying to do 3.5 conversions of these.

kerakus

First Post
My "bag of tricks" is somewhat slim. I tend to make up my own, generally on the fly during the game session. The only published adventures I've ever considered running more than once are the 3.0 Adventure Path. I have actually run, or started to run The Sunless Citadel numerous times, and have run the others, with the exception of Deep Horizon, which I find unplayable, once all the way through. I've also run an adventure out of the AD&D 2nd edition book Creative Campaigning more than once. The one with the "civilized" goblins. I can't run or adapt any previous edition stuff now because I don't have it anymore. There's also quite a few adventures that I wanted to run but never got a chance to, mostly basic D&D stuff.

As to my own stuff, I recycle NPCs all the time from campaign to campaign. Not to mention plot hooks and other miscellany.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
I have too many adventures to mention here - all Necromancer Games, all Goodman Games, all WotC, almost all Monkey God, the World's Largest Dungeon, and more. I also have most of the 1E and 2E modules as well.

Honestly, I will never play through all of them, but I love to read them. They read like novels to me, as I can envision PCs going through them as I'm reading.

The best value, by far, is the World's Largest Dungeon. It's the only published module I know of that has the ability to be played more than once, as there are different (complete) paths through the dungeon.

jester47

First Post
Thats just a fraction of my collection, but those are the ones I want to just be really good at running. I make up my own stuff too, but time is precious and the ideas are slow. This might change with the way I am doing things now and with the Wilderlands stuff as it lends to sponteneity a little more, but we will see.

Hrm, I should make a binder of adventures I have actually run...

Aaron.

Wraith Form

Explorer
Is that list in order by adventure level? I'd love to see that same list (and throw in some Dungeon Magazine adventures) in adventure level order, with plots/locations that have obvious links collected together to make a giant "adventure path" series.

I use modules and Dungeon adventures more as pilfering targets rather than to run as is. For example, I've got something like the kadthanach (or whatever that bigass thing was called) from Dungeon #100 worked up for my next session, but it won't be a war-platform for gnolls, it'll be the transport the PCs book to get to their next location, which will, naturally, get attacked en route.

John Morrow

First Post
jester47 said:
Keep on the Borderlands: I would use this with In Search of the Unknown and maybe throw some stuff in from the "Return To" version.

If you've got Keep and Return To, you really should get a copy of the Hackmaster Little Keep on the Borderlands. Combined with the other two, it can make an adventure better than any of the parts alone.

Yes, I'm actually suggesting that you buy yet another adventure. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads