• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WoW is becoming DDM

Rechan

Adventurer
I for one will never construct a mini. So something that comes pretty much ready to drop on the battlemat is good enough for me.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
ZombieRoboNinja said:
They already have/had a thingy where you could have a mini made of your ACTUAL WOW CHARACTER, complete with equipment. You can almost HEAR the cackling of mad glee as they lure back in the Penny Arcade guys and like 2 million others...
It's not a miniature, though. It's more of a McFarlane action figure-sized statue.

I have been trying to convert a diehard WoWer to DnD for a few weeks now. I figured this would be the ticket. I showed him a printout and he has known about it for some time now. He suggested the figures will NOT be DnD sized (25 / 28mm scale) The figures would be 2- 2 1/2 inches tall.

So now it may depend on figures are done for me to buy.

Patlin

Explorer
Now if only we could get every fan of WOW to go buy a PHB... WotC would have the funding to design all sorts of great stuff for us! ;)

FourthBear

First Post
Just curious: is the D&D Miniatures game doing *that* well? I don't pay much attention to the MMORPG or miniatures games markets, but I naively assumed that all on its lonesome WoW made orders of magnitude more money than all of the miniatures games in the world put together. Not to say that they wouldn't want to try expanding out into different markets, but I would be interested in knowing the relative scales here.

Zaruthustran

The tingling means it’s working!
theredrobedwizard said:
I think the real humor in this situation is that Warcraft is a direct ripoff of Warhammer. Now, with Warcraft minis coming out (and pre-painted none the less), it's like they're rereleasing Warhammer under their own name; with a bigger fanbase.

-TRRW

I've gotta post a link to this comic: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2006/04/10

20060410.jpg

StarFyre

Explorer
the difference

i think the difference is..the people who like warhammer (and 40k), they like modelling, etc.

I don't know a single warhammer player who would rather buy prepainted, low quality models vs the nicer ones that are available by GW and especially forgeworld. Yes, it takes more time and money...but if thats a problem, either way, you shouldn't have started the hobby or you will switch over.

I think the Warcraft game will do very well..but it will get many people from the groups that play DDM, the reaper prepainted model game, etc...and take from there, but very few true warhammer/40k fans, since they'd want to do their own stuff.

Sanjay

HeinorNY

First Post
StarFyre said:
i think the difference is..the people who like warhammer (and 40k), they like modelling, etc.

I don't know a single warhammer player who would rather buy prepainted, low quality models vs the nicer ones that are available by GW and especially forgeworld. Yes, it takes more time and money...but if thats a problem, either way, you shouldn't have started the hobby or you will switch over.

I think the Warcraft game will do very well..but it will get many people from the groups that play DDM, the reaper prepainted model game, etc...and take from there, but very few true warhammer/40k fans, since they'd want to do their own stuff.

Sanjay

[sarcasm]To me prepainted miniatures and those half-made warhammer miniatures are all the same. They are just small toys and have no real soul.
I make my own miniatures. I started carving on wood. Now I make my own greens, I do all the modelling, smelting etc. I started with lead, but one of my fingers rotted and now I use safer metals. I also make plastic minis for some occasion using my own secret proccess.
THAT'S how real miniature collector do their stuff, the do their own stuff.
Buying minis made by other people is for 10-11 year old kids.
My minis are unique, the rest is just souless low quality crap.[/sarcasm]

:p

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads