• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wrath and Glory 2e First Impressions

TheSword

Legend
So after hearing about Wrath and Glory’s spacehulk rules from @Charles Dunwoody Wrath & Glory Redacted Records: Space Hulk Salvagers
I picked up the core Rulebook and Forsaken System guide for Cubicle 7’s re-release of Wrath and Glory.

I must admit I was very pleasantly surprised. I’m a huge fan of the Eisenhorn/Ravenor/Bequin series of “domestic W40k” as Dan Abnett (the author) calls it, but I’ve also extensively played the wargame in its various editions. This system seemed to chart a careful middle line between the epic endeavors of Inquisitors and Space Marine captains and the earthy grit of acolytes and hive scum.

I won’t pretend I’ve played it enough to pass judgement on the dice pool system, but from an outsiders perspective it seems to capture the mechanics I would need to adventure in the world of Gregor Eisenhorn. Or in a campaign cribbed from the more detailed but bloated Dark Heresy system (or it’s spin offs).

In short. Wrath and Glory seems to be a great start in the Wahammer 40k universe. With all its grit, grimdark and gore. I’m looking forward to my first campaign.

Last edited:

Remove ads