Wrath of the Righteous

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Medjai nods vigorously. "A chance to do something besides return to the surface as mere survivors? To turn our fall into righteous action and strike a blow for the Crusade? I say yes!"
[/section]

[sblock=Actions & Rolls]--[/sblock]
Paladin (Shining Knight/Warrior of the Holy Light) 01

Init +1, HP 11/11, Speed 30
AC 15, Touch 11, Flat-Footed 16
Fort +2, Ref +1, Will +4

Base Attack Bonus +1
GreatSword +5 (2d6+6, 19/x2)
EarthBreaker +5 (2d6+6, 20/x3)
Dagger +5 (+2 Ranged, 10') (1d4+4, 19/x2)
Cestus +5 (1d4+4)

Lamellar (Leather) Armor (+4 Armor, +1 Dex, +2 Natural)

Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 11, Int 08, Wis 14, Cha 14

Condition None
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Luna's face remained focused until now, before nodding and saying "Let us first get our party to safety. That is, and still is, our #1 priority. Afterwords, we need to strike hard at this cult of Baphomet. From what I remember, we will need to be careful, as most likely even the crusaders have been infiltrated by Baphomet. The Ivory Templars prefer to infiltrate their targets, so given that we have these bodies in crusader garb, it follows that more would be like that in the Crusades. "
[sblock=OOC]
--
[/sblock]
[sblock=Luna Stats]
Luna Lightbringer
AC: 16 (15 flat-footed, 16 touch)
HP: 10/10
CMB: +3* CMD: 14 * +2 vs Demons
Fort: +4 Reflex: +1 Will: +4 (+2 vs Charm/Compulsion)
Perception: +4 (Darkvision 60')
Initiative: +1
Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear; +3 1d8+4
Current Conditions in Effect: 2 AoO a round(Can make flat foot) ;
Acid/Cold/Electricity Resistance: 5

Touch of Glory(4/5): Gain +1 on next Cha based check. Last 1 hour or until used.
Seize the Initiative (4/5): At combat start, Ally within 30 rolls twice;
Daylight(Racial 1/day): Cast Daylight as SP ability
Dragon Scale (3/3): Resist Energy 3xday (Cold/Electricty. CL 19)
Channel Energy(3/4): 1d6

Level 0 Spells: Create Water, Mending, Stabilize
Level 1 Spells: Bless, Prot from Evil, Magic Weapon (D)

Holding Equipment:
2 CLW pot's
Gold Ring (Waiting for Calloh to wake up after watch to ID it if she cannot)
Masterwork warhammer
[/sblock]

81Dagon

Explorer
"Then we need to move," says Lann firmly. "Our leaders in Neathholm must know of the danger both above and below, then from their you'll be able to set out towards the surface and have a place to retreat to if the danger becomes too great. If I take my measures correctly, we are not even a half a kilometer away from the settlement. Follow me!"

With that, the strange man sets off down the caverns, albeit at a pace so that Aravashnial and Anevia can follow. After 15 minutes, you arrive at a circular, 20-foot wide cavern. Unlike the other chambers in the underground, this one is worked, with large stone door blocking the far side. Two women, equally bizarre as your newest companions, stand guard.

"Lann! We thought you were dead! What happened out there?," asks one of them, rushing to embrace the three of them. "Wait, who are these people? Outsiders are not permitted inside Neathholm."

"Relax Crix. The guard building collapsed in the earthquakes. There are... trouble topside. These uplanders helped to rescue us. They seek a way back to the surface, but we need them to speak to Chief Sull first. I'm afraid I can't say more than that."

The guard eyeballs you warily before she relents. "Okay, but you better know what you are doing. This is a motley crew if I've ever seen one."

The guards open the door and let you pass to the next cavern. It is large than any others you have seen yet. Inside is a cluster of tents and semi-permanent buildings, gathered around a central mound. Large fungal mushrooms grow between the buildings, and bats flit to and fro in the sky above.

"Alright," say Lann, "we'll go to Chief Sull to explain what's going, then you can resupply and find tents to rest in before striking out. It's not much further."

He leads you to the large tent-building on the mound. Asking you to wait outside, he disappears to the interior for about ten minutes, then reappears, beckoning you in. Waiting for you, seated on a large chair, is a huge, fat man with a rat face and one blind eye.

Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 6.21.37 PM.png

"I am Chief Sul," declares the seated figure. "Lann here has told me some of the goings on, but I wish to hear it from your own mouths, especially given that you travel in such a varied group."

[sblock=OCC]
And we are back! Sorry guys, life got cooking again. I've bumped you ahead to the next major point since there was nothing left in the cave and I want to try and rebuild some tempo. Hope that's okay.

While away, I've picked up a bunch of new materials, including Deep Magic by Kobold Press and the Gothic Campaign Compendium by Legendary Games, so if you are interested in using material from those quarters, drop me a line and I'll take a look at it. I'm also backing the Mythic Mania Kickstarter, for reasons that should be obvious. I'd like to have as many options as possible once we go Mythic, so take a look at it if you haven't already and consider backing it if you are interested.

And since I've taken so long and its about time anyhow, I've got two last words for you that take effect once you've rested for the night.

Level Up.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hehe, well, I thought someone else might want to take the lead since I'm fairly new to the group, but...)

Shayuri hesitates, but when no one steps forward, she does; giving the chief a courteous curtsy and meeting his misshapen eyes without flinch or hint of revulsion. In a way it was good that they met these others first, and walked through the strange underground town...it gave her time to get used to them.

"I'm Shayuri," she began. "I'm new to the company, but maybe that makes me a good person to start the tale. My viewpoint will be closer to your own, after all. We're refugees. The city above has been attacked by an army of demons. The wards that protected it are gone...we think it was sabotage from within that made the opening to start with. During the attack, a battle between the leader of the demons and the great dragon protecting the city cracked the streets open and sent us falling down into these..." Catacombs, nearly passed her lips but she hastily revised it on remembering that catacombs were usually tombs, and her audience lived down here. "...underground tunnels and halls."

"We're looking to get back up, help in the fight if we can...but we learned that a demonic cult is active down here. Maybe even the same one that helped the demons breach the ward. So before we go up, we want to find them and see how many they are, and what they're doing. And if we can stop it."

Shayuri nodded at Lann and the others they rescued. "They thought you might be able to help us do that."

Remove ads