• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

nimisgod

LEW Judge
OOG: Sorry, I assumed that we were going to do as Hulgyr suggested.

Wilhelm nods at the Orc's suggestion. He takes out one of the masterwork crossbows from the Brigands and loads it with a bolt.

Someone

Adventurer
You go around the small promontory in which the lighthouse stands; it only takes half a minute. There´s nothing strange that you haven´t seen before, except that you notice now the slight smell of rotten meat that comes from within once you´re next to the main door.

Last edited:

B4cchus

Explorer
ooc: well, i just started at a new job where i actually have to work, so i can only post after my work, if i can find the time. I don't know about the rest.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"That smell bodes ill for this place's residents. Let us approach the door" Wilhelm prepares to do so himself, but waits for the party to make needed preparations if needed.

Someone

Adventurer
The sturdy door opens, and you see a narrow spiral staircase going up. Naturally, you can´t see beyond the first steps, but you can feel something wrong in the air, beyond the sad abandoned state of the building. The smell of death may have something to do with it.

[ooc: The building is quite big, and it would take us very long to explore it room by room. Post how you´re going to explore the lighthouse -like if you´re going to spend a lot of time searching, etc- and things like your marching order if you think t would be needed.]

nimisgod

LEW Judge
"Let us investigate this building carefully" Wilhelm takes a whiff of the stench in the air then frowns. "Though I do not like the smell of this. We should see what is making that stink first. It is likely that grim news awaits us above and I would rather have bad news first before good"

Someone

Adventurer
nimisgod said:
"Let us investigate this building carefully"

I´ll take this as "we´ll be reasonably careful for possible dangers, and search the rooms thoroughly but not exhaustively". Does anyone else have something to add?

B4cchus

Explorer
I agree with Wilhelm. Hulgyr suggests he takes point and asks Wilhelm to tend to his remainning wounds before they go in. Hulgyr also asks if it is ok with the rest if he takes one of the healing potions they took from Oren.

Zweihänder

First Post
Eroin agrees, and offers to serve as rearguard (walking backwards and all that).

ooc: sorry, lots of work at college, a bout of pink eye, and a sprained ankle have made times a bit trying.

Someone

Adventurer
Few steps after starting to climb you find a door, while the stair continues twisting up. It leads to a somewhat large, slightly circular room: the last remains of a table and hooks for cloaks are here, smashed and half burned. The rest of this level continues the trend: a kitchen, with a stone oven, and a table turned over smashed pottery, fallen from destroyed shelves. Another room, probably devoted to storing, but now a ruin of broken and burned wood; other one, very small, contains just four holes that sink in the floor, covered with a cloud of buzzing flies.

Having found nothing else, the group moves carefully upstairs. The next door opens to what was a workroom: some tools and pieces or iron and glass lie in the floor; there´s also a large and heavy table and tool racks. Almost all of it has been destroyed. Opening the other doors you find some bedrooms; also burned. One of them had a shelf with some books: Wilhem picks the stabbed remains of one of them, and reads a bit about astronomy and the positions of stars. The last room contained a sofa, some chairs and a small table. Eroin lifts one of the chairs and finds a small bag with some wool and knitting needles.

The smell of rotten meat is becoming stronger, and just five or six over the second level you find a corpse. Now it´s just a skeleton, torn by the scavengers and wild animals you know well live in the marshes; it´s impossible to know just that he (she?) was quite tall. A broken sword lies at his feet. Beyond that, you find the rest of the Kojars. Three other bodies lie in different bedrooms, burned or just covered by discarded clothes and stripped of flesh by the carrion eaters and maggots. On other, you can still see the tethers that tie the hands to the bed.

Finally you arrive at the end of the stairs. It´s open to the air, with just a roof over it, and it´s covered by shattered glass. One of you pick a piece of it, and it gleams and sparkle with the sunlight. At the room´s center lie bended pieces of copper that were the lighthouse´s lamp.

You have a good view of the marshes from this point, but still you can´t see nothing out of the ordinary from this vantage point, even when the sun it still on it´s highest point.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads