Wreck ashore (El Jefe judging) (Finished)

Someone

Adventurer
The womans´ weapons (her falchion and composite bow) seem to be very good, but the other pirates had average equipment. None of them have any other potions or things of value; just some cheap jewelry, and some gold trinkets hidden. Shortly after finishing with them, you find the pirate you wounded and fled; seems his wounds were too great, and he´s bled to death.

Advancing cautiously towards the campment, you canot see any other sign of life coming from it, except the fire still burning under a pot. The food inside, some kind of porridge, is burnt. Seems you interrupted them as they were going to have their lunch.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Wilhelm takes the falchion and the bow and distributes it among the party. He'll carry it if no one else will.

He searches one side of the camp with Roddick.

Someone

Adventurer
There´s not much to search; only three tents, and something that could be named pavilion that´s where you found the large pot. Looking into the tents, there´s only the sort of things the pirates would use daily; dice, tools, some dirty clothes and such. In one of the tents, the one that probably was used by the woman, Wilhelm finds a parchment with a calendar: some dates were marked in red. Other than this, there´s no clue of who they were working for.

Outside the camp, under a large canvas, you find a large amount of goods, carefully packed in parcels and barrels: cotton, fine wood, tobacco, copper ingots… none of you have the background to estimate the value, and it´s not a chest full of gold coins and sparkling jewels, but it´s your first treasure nonetheless.

[ooc: Do you want to continue with the normal roleplaying, or should we wrap the adventure up with an epilogue?]

Someone

Adventurer
[ooc: I think the same, so let´s finish the adventure]

It takes the best part of the afternoon to collect what´s useful from the camp, destroy the false lighthouse and torch what´s left. The big rowboat seems to be the best way to leave the zone, so you work hard, loading all the cargo on it. It takes more than a while, but fortunately you have Hulgyr with you, and his muscles are of good use here. Soon you leave, remembering that a large group of lizardmen was appointed to arrive soon.

A few days after that you´re back in Seawell. There, the fishermen hear the tale of your adventures, mourning the Kojar´s sad fate, worrying at he news about the javecars and praising your bravery and skill defeating a group of pirates almost three times as big as your group. Will, the tall and bearded major, ask you to stay in the village for a couple days, since as he says “It´ll be better for you to travel on a proper ship.”

So you´re back in Orussus, many days after you left the red dragon inn having to sleep in the stables, eat dry rations, and walk your way. You hope at least to get enough money from this to sleep under a roof the next time you go on adventures. Nemko Namfoodle Burroneous, the gnome, listens carefully to your tale, and after examining the evidence, signs the contract as fulfilled, and gives you the promised pay, after counting the coins carefully. He appoints you to the next day, to discuss the matters of the reward from the recovered goods.

The next morning, after having relaxed at the inn and repeated your adventures to the gathered audience, you meet with Nemko, three richly dressed men and one short man that keep himself in the background. The three men turn to be merchants, rightful owners of part of the stolen goods. The gnome calculates the value of them with the aid of some parchment sheets and an abacus he handles with lightning fast speed. After one minute of calculations, he announces that the total value of the cargo is forty seven thousand eight hundred and twenty five gold coins, and by the law the full 10% of that is legally yours. After finishing that pleasant transaction, you have a talk with the last man, who presents himself as part of the port´s authorities; he claims that “Orussus has great interest on whatever puts travel in danger, and is glad to hear it´s taken care of by it´s citizens. But it seems that he real brain behind the pirates is still unknow: any clue of his identity we could learn should be shared, for the benefit of all of us.”

[ooc: The final rewards are as follow:

150 xp each for three months of gaming.

Hulgyr and Wilhelm deserve 300 extra xp for their commitment to the game and general good roleplaying.

Notice that it makes the totals so far 1275 xp for Eroin and Roddick, and 1575 xp for wilhelm and Hulgyr.

Each masterwork weapon you want to sell gives each of you 37 gold and 5 silver coins. To recap, you´re the owners of 4 masterwork crossbows, 4 masterwork scimitars, one masterwork falchion, and one masterwork composite longbow.

You still have 1 Mage armor and 1 Cure light wounds potions you may want to sell or keep.

Nemko gives each of you 70 gold coins for completing the job, and recovering the goods means 1195 gold to everyone, with some spare change.

And that´s all. I hope you enjoyed the adventure, and maybe another Dm is willing to continue it; I would if I could find some inspiration and energy to write it.]

El Jefe

First Post
Well done, a good first adventure for Someone. For the rest of you, don't forget to resubmit your characters for approval after leveling up (it seems really silly to say that to Nimisgod!).

B4cchus

Explorer
Someone, thanks a lot for DM'ing this adventure with us. It was my first enworld adventure, and first pbp adventure as well, and it has been a great experience.
I hope you'll continue DM'ing here, because i think you're doing a fine job at it.

As foir the rest of the group, thanks for the fun, especially Nimisgod: you've inspired me to put some more effort in emotes and flavour text in my replies in the future.

As for the wrapping up:
Is the total gold sum (1195) including the masterwork weapons?
What is the strength bonus on the composite longbow?
Hulgyr declines his part in the potions, as he thinks he used enough of them during the adventure.

Someone

Adventurer
Thanks a lot for the praise.

B4cchus said:
As for the wrapping up:
Is the total gold sum (1195) including the masterwork weapons?

No. They are counted apart, since I don´t know how many of them you´ll keep. And it´s actually a total of 1265 gold, counting the gnome´s money.

What is the strength bonus on the composite longbow?

No Str bonus.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
Well, I think B4cchus deserves some pats on the back for lots o' killing and party leadership + negotiation.

Someone deserves praise as well for GMing an adventure despite obstacles (1 absentee player).

The Mage Armor potion, I would recommend giving to Eroin. Wilhelm insists that Hulgyr take the remaining CLW potion.

As for the MW equipment, Wilhelm would like one of the crossbows for himself. The rest can be sold for loot.

Remove ads