Wreck Ashore

papenfus

First Post
Gordo, having exerted himself from all that Great sword wielding decides to stoke up the fire and have him some Panther steaks... Once satisfied that he had eaten all the panther he could possible stomach he decides to take the innitiative by hurding up the group and pointing a finger at the lighthouse and proclaiming in a booming voice "we shall proceed hence!" After explaining to the group the meaning of his command they decide to disembark

mariusm

Explorer
Ulfar wakes up in his usual grumpy mood due to his hangover but quickly cheers up
when he thinks about the possibility of finds some gold to fund more beer purchases!

"That steak any good?", he enquires from Gordo. Not waiting for an answer he packs up a slice or two anyway and stuffs it in his backpack for later snacking. Ulfar agrees with Gordo that the party should head for the lighthouse and gives the ships Capitan a great big friendly slap on the back to spur him into action.

gr3mlin

First Post
Not for me, thanks!

Astarra winces as her companions dig into the panther steaks, "Barbarians!" she utters quietly and finishes her ration.

"Maybe we'll get some decent food from the lighthouse keeper."

k0nfused

First Post
Land ahoi

The 7 hours at sea feel like an eternity. Gordo, Ulfar and Carl were enjoying an afternoon nap after another helping of panther steak when Astarra's excited voice woke them: "We're here!"

"Not quite," says the captain. "We'll have to disembark about 4 miles from the lighthouse unless you want to make permanent camp on that reef."

From the ship the party can see the lighthouse on a small piece of land about 200 yeards out in the sea. They also notice a crude tower about 2 miles further south of the lighthouse.

An hour later and you find yourselves on the beach. It is 14:00 in the afternoon. The lighthouse is 4 miles to the south-west of your current location. The swamp-like terrain ends just behind the dunes. It will take you an hour to cover 2 miles.

Your actions please.

gr3mlin

First Post
Astarra thanks the captain and hands him his 17 gp.

She slaps a panther steak out of Gordo's hand, "We can eat at the lighthouse... some real food - we can still make it there before sunset"

papenfus

First Post
Gordo picks up the panther steak and continues munching, if there is one stat on his bio he can make a valant effort to improve it is his weight!! He suggests to the group that they hasten to the lighthouse on foot - through the swamp if need be. The panther steaks are running low so he sincerely hopes to meet some resistance in the swamp in order to replenish his protein supplies. Carrying a great sword is a great responsibility and requires much energy. He mutters to himself "If that woman disrespects my food one more time....."

mariusm

Explorer
Ulfar double checks that he has packed in all his belongings, not wanting to leave anything behind on the boat, and falls in at the rear of the party as they make their way towards the light house. "I hope the lighthouse keeper has some beer.", mutters Ulfar to himself.

Venom

First Post
Zeratol, who up till now had not been feeling himself ;) checks and loads his crossbow.

Always being a little paranoid he runs up the nearest large dune and scans the soundings with his keen elf senses, looking for any danger to the party.

Twitching has nose as he smells the salty air he mutters “Something is not right here, the stench of evil is strong in my nostrils, or perhaps it is just Gordo’s stomach digesting all that Panther that I smell” :) ;)

k0nfused

First Post
Nice move Zeratol

While the others gather their gear Zeratol scrambles up the dune to get a better view of the surrounds. As he reaches the top he catches a glimpse of movement and instinctively ducks behind some tall grass. He pops his head up slowly and can see two rugged looking humans approaching - it appears that they have not seen him. A closer look reveals that they're carrying crossbows... but they don't look like hunters. He motions to his fellow adventurers to join him but to keep low and quiet.

The two humans are 100ft from the party. They are not aware of your presence and they are following a small trail. If they continue along the trail it will take them past Zeratol's position (about 20ft from him). The swamp-like terrain they're moving through as the odd tree and bush that could provide cover.

Your actions please.

OOC: I made opposing hide and spot checks. Zeratol succeeded easily at his hide check (100ft carries a -10 penalty to spot) and actually succeded at his spot check by 1 point - it seems now that he's posting for himself that the dice are kinder toward him.

papenfus

First Post
Gordo, despite being somewhat perturbed by the fact that Zeratol is feeling himself, decides to join the little tyke on the dune, although he realises that this will give away his position and that of the group he feels that he has more than enough confidence in taking on the two humans, and besides, they may have food. He stealthily arms himself with his shortbow and mutters to himself "gotta look into getting a greatbow, this thing just doesnt suit me"

Remove ads