• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Writer: Cyber Style City Guide

tensen

First Post
Following in our line of City Guides.... Dark Quest Games is having an open call for locations, specifically locations suitable for our Cyber Style product line. This means that the location should be suitable for a d20 Modern setting.

Please be sure to look at our City Guide products to see the level of detail we are looking for in a location.

Submissions to: writers@darkquest.com
Deadline: July 15th

Last edited:

Snakefeather

First Post
Couple of questions:

1) The previous city guide books don't seem to be based around specific locations so much as themes. Are you looking for original cities for the cyberpunk city guides or a collection of areas based on a theme that can be inserted into a city?

2) Are you looking for one person to write the whole book, or will it be contribution-based?

3) Following that, would you like submissions to suggest an entire book with writing samples, or finished pieces that can be contributed to the book?

All right, so that was three questions.

- Matt B Carter

tensen

First Post
Snakefeather said:
Couple of questions:

1) The previous city guide books don't seem to be based around specific locations so much as themes. Are you looking for original cities for the cyberpunk city guides or a collection of areas based on a theme that can be inserted into a city?

2) Are you looking for one person to write the whole book, or will it be contribution-based?

3) Following that, would you like submissions to suggest an entire book with writing samples, or finished pieces that can be contributed to the book?

All right, so that was three questions.

- Matt B Carter

1) For the open call, we are looking for locations. We do accept proposals for an entire city. But at least for this open call, we are looking for locations that can be plopped into any city.

2) The City Guide, locations are intended as contributor based.

3) Finished pieces for the open call.

Snakefeather

First Post
Actually, this raises another question: the guidelines on the website don't mention stats at all. Should NPCs have stats or just detailed descriptions? If so, can stats be foregone if an NPC is supposed to be mysterious to the players and could in fact turn out to be one of many things?

I hope I described that clearly, it's a bit abstract.

Oh, and if there are stats/rules specific to your product line, can we be privy to the essentials before submitting or shall we submit first? I don't have any of your products yet, I'm afraid, so if you use any different rules to d20 Modern I shall have to see them before the final draft; unless you're prepared to fix that in editing, of course.

Thanks.

tensen

First Post
Snakefeather said:
Actually, this raises another question: the guidelines on the website don't mention stats at all. Should NPCs have stats or just detailed descriptions? If so, can stats be foregone if an NPC is supposed to be mysterious to the players and could in fact turn out to be one of many things?

I hope I described that clearly, it's a bit abstract.

Oh, and if there are stats/rules specific to your product line, can we be privy to the essentials before submitting or shall we submit first? I don't have any of your products yet, I'm afraid, so if you use any different rules to d20 Modern I shall have to see them before the final draft; unless you're prepared to fix that in editing, of course.

Thanks.

All NPCs in the City Guide line have stats.

d20 Modern rules would be sufficient to create materials, although knowledge of the Cyber Style setting will help in design of flavor text that matches the goal of the setting.

Blacksad

Explorer
tensen said:

d20 Modern. Cyber Style was converted to work within the d20 Modern rules.

The Cyber Style prime rules PDF that I bought yesterday had still specific Core Class (and recommended for use with Cyber Style: Wage Slaves, which is the main rulebook of the Cyber Style product line. which isn't out yet :D)

tensen

First Post
Blacksad said:

The Cyber Style prime rules PDF that I bought yesterday had still specific Core Class (and recommended for use with Cyber Style: Wage Slaves, which is the main rulebook of the Cyber Style product line. which isn't out yet :D)

Caught us dragging our feet again.
Cyber Style: Wage Slave actually will incorporate Prime Rules and some of the other material when it finally gets finshed... and will be provided as a revision (read as free upgrade utilizing rpgnow's revision system... prior purchases get a special link sent to them to download it.) to those that purchased the Prime Rules sourcebook. It is still being layed out properly so that it can work with rpgnow's print on demand.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads