• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Writers Wanted for Dog Soul's Folkloric Line

Cathix

First Post
KingOfChaos said:
Well, you could always 'modernized' the legend of sleepy hollow. Imagine a guy driving around in an old 57 chevy that has had the roof ripped off in some manner which also managed to kill the guy driving the car by decapitating him (a serial killer that was never caught) and now he drives around late at night decapitating people out after a certain time. ^_^

Could also use a motorcycle, but that'd be too predictable. :p

We certainly could - for our Urban Legends line. :D Look for The Oak Island Money Pit coming out the beginning of August.

But seriously - Sleepy Hollow's a wonderful idea. Regardless of the fact that it's been done, it's one of those things that could be done again. If anyone wants to send us a proposal, and they're comfy writing for d20 modern, please feel free to do so!

Writer@Large

First Post
This sounds right up my alley ... I've written for D20, and I've both studied and taught folklore. I'm definitely pitching something. :cool:

I've sent a general inquiry e-mail. I'd like to know what's already been pitched, actually ... what have you seen a lot of pitches for? I imagine most Western European countries are popular, especially British/Celtic, and maybe Russian and Native American. Are you keen on American subcultures?

--W@L

Cathix

First Post
Writer@Large said:
This sounds right up my alley ... I've written for D20, and I've both studied and taught folklore. I'm definitely pitching something. :cool:

I've sent a general inquiry e-mail. I'd like to know what's already been pitched, actually ... what have you seen a lot of pitches for? I imagine most Western European countries are popular, especially British/Celtic, and maybe Russian and Native American. Are you keen on American subcultures?

--W@L

For our first group of Folkloric releases, we're covering Russian and Japanese folklore as well as British faerie lore. Our desired targets for the second group were Inuit, Icelandic, Persian, Maori, Aboriginal, Chinese, Thai, and Nigerian. So far we've received queries regarding all of those except Persian. We're at the stage where folks have heard our parameters and are typing up proposals for the second group.

We've received additional queries about Native American, Welsh and Indian books, which we're considering, pendering approval of final proposals.

And you bet - we're keen on the Americas, absolutely. That being said, I'm about to announce the end of the open call, for now...

Cathix

First Post
End of Folkloric's Second Open Call

I wanted to thank all of the wonderful people who responded to our open call. We were frankly amazed at the turn-out - amazed, and inspired! 2005 is going to be an incredible first year for Dog Soul, and solely because of the very talented people who have chosen to grace us with their vision.

We will have another open call during the winter of 2005, for Folkloric. There will also be a limited open call for Urban Legends in September. Both of these lines will continue, for as long as we can keep them going, and we're very pleased to see the enthusiasm surrounding them. Thanks again, writers and artists, for your generosity. :D

sinner

First Post
Hi Deb, its Reuben here. I just wanted to say that if you take the folkloric line into the middle east (India, moroco, ejypt etc)I would love to do the art. I am lucky enough to have a mother that was bit by the traveling bug and I have access to 30 years worth of photos for reference.

Remove ads