• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E WTF Wizards of the Coast? *RANT* (video link)

G

Guest 6801328

When Enworld fixes the bug that is causing all these double posts maybe we can revisit the question of how easy it is to maintain software.

DM Howard

Explorer
Yup, given their track record, they're better off letting others invest the time and money.

Very much agreed.

If Fantasy Grounds under license has happened then, hypothetically, other software companies can approach WotC with a proposal for an app. My guess is that potential software companies don't see the demand or the profit in a D&D app and my vote is that it is the later. Sure, profit is most certainly there, but the real question is would it be enough profit to outweigh the, frankly, enormous risks.

Last edited:

G

Guest 6801328

Very much agreed.

If Fantasy Grounds under license has happened then, hypothetically, other software companies can approach WotC with a proposal for an app. My guess is that potential software companies don't see the demand or the profit in a D&D app and my vote is that it is the later. Sure, profit is most certainly there, but the real question is would it be enough profit to outweigh the, frankly, enormous risks.

No no no no no no no no NO.

Didn't you watch the video? (The WHOLE video...no cheating!)

The problem is that WotC has no business sense, because it's actually PERFECTLY OBVIOUS that Wizards should do this and they are SHIRKING THEIR FIDUCIARY RESPONSIBILITY by failing to do so.

Wait...the argument is starting to get hazy...I'd better go watch the video again.

Queer Venger

Dungeon Master is my Daddy
What is the difference between producing a Ravenloft adventure and a Digital Tool set?

Someone is not going to want either and just think of all that time and money they wasted.

But those who want a ravenloft AP by far surpass those who want a computer software to create a character, or design a dungeon. Still your logic is flawed.

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
But those who want a ravenloft AP by far surpass those who want a computer software to create a character, or design a dungeon. Still your logic is flawed.

Your argument is persuasive. I know that I needed to see yet another Strahd: This time it is personal adventure to go along with the Return to the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

G

Guest 6801328

Your argument is persuasive. I know that I needed to see yet another Strahd: This time it is personal adventure to go along with the Return to the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil.

You're forgetting the prequels...

The von Zarovich Menace
Attack of Strahd
Revenge of Strahd
(Curse of Strahd)
Strahd Strikes Back
Return of Strahd
and of course...
Strahd Awakens

Shasarak

Banned
Banned
You're forgetting the prequels...

The von Zarovich Menace
Attack of Strahd
Revenge of Strahd
(Curse of Strahd)
Strahd Strikes Back
Return of Strahd
and of course...
Strahd Awakens

I especially liked in Strahd Awakens how Strahd was 10 times the normal size and sucked in the sun to power his death ray of doom.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads