• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WTH, there was a D&D adventure based on the film "The Keep"?

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Does anyone know about this? it's not merely a mistake reffering to "Keep on the Borderlands" or such? Wasn't there a TSR Uk adventure "The Keep" (like "The Gauntlet" ?)

There was a brilliant two stage adventure called "The Sentinel" followed up by "The Gauntlet"; the latter involved Adlerweg keep.

Cheers

Arksorn

First Post
Played This One

Thank you for starting this thread. I was just thinking about an adventure we had played nearly 20 years ago in which we were fighting nazi soldiers in a keep. I was trying to think of what the adventure's name was. Now I know and I have ordered a copy for nostalgia. Sadly I don't remember much of the adventure besides fighting nazis with machine guns. Looking forwared to getting this and I may have to pick up some of the books as well, they sound interesting.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Both the module and the boardgame were published by Mayfair Games at about the same time. Neither sold very well. :.-(

Wycen

Explorer
I think I saw this movie on cable some years ago, but I'd never have guessed a DnD module was made out of it. Unfortunately the IMDB trailer doesn't ring many bells nor do the links from the wiki page, though the keep itself and the arrow slits for some reason make me think I did see it.

Plane Sailing
I had The Gauntlet :) alas like a lot of stuff I had to get rid of it as I had no room :(

Arksorn
m pleasure! :)
hehe you played Doom2? the hidden Wolfenstein level with the SS in Hell? lol give sme ideas of putting the SS in the Abyss for an adventure :devil:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Ni-a2dels"]YouTube- Doom 2 Hell On Earth- Secret Level 31- Wolfenstein[/ame]

Last edited:

Merlea

First Post
agree with you, Wilson is AWESOME, a must read for DMs for ideas...I adore "Repairman Jack" as a character, lol, fit right into Waterdeep or Luskan, so he would
the things he faces, and the general way Wilson does supernatural evil as being as bloody scary as it would be, is great

Rogue765

First Post
Sadly web.archive.org rarely ever catches full sites. That's missing the covers, and might be missing more than that.

At least some of the covers.

Internet Archive doesn't seem to work for me. I found a mirror site for it. Hope it lasts.

adnden.no-ip.com/texts/catalog

Last edited:

Remove ads