• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wulf's Collected Story Hour -- FINAL UPDATE 12/25

Re: All Pecks?

Halma said:
Hey!! You don't mean all peck's do you!? I take complete offense to that comment. I mean I do my job for Wulf, I put big nasty spells down range, and destroy lots of big nasty's for him. When Wulf says shoot'em I cast lightning bolt without asking what for. When Wulf says "lets get the F@#$ out of here!!", which isn't often, I cast Teleport and zoom we are off. Well I do have some problems with dispelling spells but that doesn't really matter now does it. I kick ass!!!
If you are going to raise a glass for Wulf, then that better include a tall one for me as well. Just because I am short you dwarves think you can ........blah blah blah blah blah.... and further more Shorty represents ...... blah blah blah blah blah........

Shorty Tumpytoes --- Of the Tumpytoes Clan

Master Shorty, height is none of my problem with yer average peck. Why your average peck is no shorter than an adolescent dwarven girl who's been only slightly underfed. You, yourself, reportedly cut a dashing figure when placed next to an only slightly stunted kobold. And I have to admit a certain respect for anyone who'll apply a Brutal Seething Surge in such an appropriate manner to an elf, even if ya were confused at the time. But when all's said an' done, if a halfling be worth half a human, it'll take 10 o' ya to make a modest, and rather homely, dwarf.

Bronz Dragon

First Post
Halma said:

Hmmm... I thought I could use my belt spot for [a hand of the mage]...
Thanks for the clarification though.

Halma ---- The Dead Barbarian...........?
new to this storyhour, I realize this is from a while back, but *snicker* putting a hand of the mage on your belt?

Shorty: (facing away from the party) Hey, I can use this Hand to hold my Rod!

Wulf: .. uh...

Shorty: And maybe Keldas' staff, too!

Keldas: hey-

Shorty: And on top of all that, I can put a ring on it! (turns around, and pries a new metamagic rod from the grip of the Hand of the Mage) This thing really rocks! ..what..?

Heehee, I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist! :p

Apologies to the various grandmothers
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ExtremeSIMS

First Post
Elder-Basilisk said:
+1 (functionally +2 from Adamantine construction) Sure Striking Longsword/battle axe/greatsword of speed. A +6 equivalent weapon for the price of a +5 weapon. Additional advantages include:
Hardness of 20 means you don't need to fear sunder attempts
Enhancement bonusses apply even in Keldas's anti-magic field.

That do it for ya?

Adamantine bonuses do not stack with magical enhancements.

>Does an adamantine weapon require a bonus before enchantment, or is the
>natural +2 basis for further magic? For example, if I have an adamantine
>sword, can I add the Keen enchantment to it?

Adamantine is not magical unless you use the appropriate feat on it, so
you have to make it least a magical +1 before putting any additional
abilities on it.

- Sean

--
Sean "the Enforcer" K Reynolds

Taren Seeker

First Post
ExtremeSIMS said:

Adamantine is not magical unless you use the appropriate feat on it, so
you have to make it least a magical +1 before putting any additional
abilities on it.

Elder-Basilisk did that part correctly. He listed the base +1 then added sure striking and speed. He did mess up his math however.

+1(enhancement) +1(sure striking) +4(Speed) =6.

The adamantite gives a +2 that overlaps the +1 enh, which is in effect a +7 weapon for +6 price.

However, I do believe that Dinkeldog has ruled that the Adamantite bonus acts as an enhancement that can be enchanted (and penetrate DR), so I guess the initial +1 is not needed for Wulf's Campaign.

Oh, and BTW, it's an excellent campaign Wulf and co., I hope that ours which is starting up soon will be half as much fun.

/me shines up the boot leather and looks for somewhere to apply it

maddman75

First Post
Agree completly Immort. I'm playing a paladin working toward paragon right now. Few books have given me as many feelings of 'Wow - I'd love to play one of those!' as HoHH:Dwarves.

Can't wait to get ahold of the half orcs too.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
maddman75 said:
Few books have given me as many feelings of 'Wow - I'd love to play one of those!' as HoHH:Dwarves.

Can't wait to get ahold of the half orcs too.

Even the message boards love my product; puts a smile on its face every time.

Just FYI, I think Half-Orcs is every bit as good as Dwarves. It's a little more "extreme" in flavor, but some fun PrC's in there too. Hard to decide between the Moulder, Dire Stalker, Coal-Tongue Raver, Wyrd, and Hoodoo.

Remove ads