• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wunderwaffe, bitte.

TheVengefulKoala

First Post
Hello again EN Worlders. I was hoping you could assist me with a creative quandry I find myself in. I'm planning on running a Mini-Six game set in an alternate WWII with supernatural creature and high-tech-blah-blah-blah. You people are familar with this sort of setting, I'm sure.

I find myself unable to come up with any halfway-decent concepts for superweapons. And so, I hope to mine the collective creativity of EN World.

I'm looking for man-portable or mounted weaponry that relies solely on super-tech or technology with supernatural elements. Also, WWII-era mechs are sought after. Pictures not required, but appreciated.

The above is merely what I'm looking for, but I'll gladly take vehicles, equipment that isn't weaponized, and anything else that would fit.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
You can never go wrong with Robotech Cyclones.

robotech-cyclone-coleccion.jpg

The cyclone is a motorbike and body armor that can transform into an airtight suit of powered armor, enhancing the rider's physical abilities. It has built-in mini-rocket launchers and/or large 'vibroblades' in the wrists, with an optional shoulder-mounted missile launcher.

Also, for supernaturally-powered fantasy tech, check out Chaositech from the mind of Monte Cook.

A source worth blatantly plagarising might be the Dust setting. An extention of WWII after the Axis discover an alien energy source in Antarctica, allowing the use of various walking battle machines etc. The design and aesthetic is very, very WWII.

Google 'Paolo Parente Dust' for some links.

It's pretty diffuse - as far as I can tell there's no 'core' source you can get that covers and explains the setting in one place - it's spread over a mix of comic books, tabletop miniatures games, art, etc, etc. I'm interested in it, but 'interested' doesn't quite cut the mustard enough currently to justify spending money to find out more...

TheVengefulKoala

First Post
Also, for supernaturally-powered fantasy tech, check out Chaositech from the mind of Monte Cook.

Will do. Monte Cook's a genius, so his stuff is always good in my book.

A source worth blatantly plagarising might be the Dust setting. An extention of WWII after the Axis discover an alien energy source in Antarctica, allowing the use of various walking battle machines etc. The design and aesthetic is very, very WWII.

Google 'Paolo Parente Dust' for some links.

It's pretty diffuse - as far as I can tell there's no 'core' source you can get that covers and explains the setting in one place - it's spread over a mix of comic books, tabletop miniatures games, art, etc, etc. I'm interested in it, but 'interested' doesn't quite cut the mustard enough currently to justify spending money to find out more...

Dust is a pretty big inspiration for me, aesthetically-speaking.

You could stripmine fiction for superweapons. That having been said:

Warning! Tvtropes can cause desire to read more tvtropes.

Doomsday Device
Weapon Of Mass Destruction
Kill Sat
Lost Superweapon
Death Ray
Interstellar Weapon
Weaponized Landmark
Weather Control Machine
Weapons And Wielding Tropes

TROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPES!!!

It sounds like you might get some use out of mining Harry Turtledove's Darkness series.

I'll be sure to check that out.

gear krieg - Google Search

Here you go

Look up the war game "Gear Kreig" its WW2 with mecha and such

It should provide visual help with how thinks look.

Gear Krieg, I am familiar with.

So, any ideas for the afore-mentioned Wunderwaffe?

Twichyboy

First Post
Well if the setting is WW2, for super weapons take the Germans example,

Super Heavy Tanks and Super Heavy Artillery

Landkreuzer P. 1500 Monster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Schwerer Gustav - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course the monster was only a pre-prototype, bu if the germans completed it, with the help of super natural elements of course, and used the supernatural to actually move it, it would be quite the super weapon

And the Gustav, attach rail guns to that thing and it could bombard New York from Berlin.

So in general i would think the Germans would use Super Heavy Tanks and Armor for super weapons, the US and Japan would probably make Insane Battleships, (think bigger versions of the Yamato, or the US battleship design "Montana") or a Mega-Bomber like the B-29 The Brits might have an aerial Aircraft Carrier (Or anyone would really with magic)

Adding the Supernatural would be easy, imagine if someone made a Long Range super bomber that was simply invisible

Pbartender

First Post
I'm looking for man-portable or mounted weaponry that relies solely on super-tech or technology with supernatural elements.

Something from an old Wild, Wild West type adventure I ran...

Imagine two Zeppelins rigged together side by side almost catamaran-fashion. Slung between them is a huge array of mirrors and/or lenses. The entire contraption is, effectively, and enormous floating heat ray that focuses the light of the sun to set fire to entire cities, or reduce entire battleships into molten slag.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads