• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wuxia / Monk Gestalt Campaign - Anybody Tried It?

Malin Genie

First Post
I've seen mentioned here on these boards a couple of times the idea of a wuxia campaign, where every character has monk levels or is monk-gestalted, to help create a chambara/ Bruce Lee / Jacky Chan / Ang Lee sort of ambience.

I'm thinking of running an adventure along those lines for our group's next one-shot, and am interested to know if anyone has actually tried running it, and any advice they may have!

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Starman

Adventurer
That's a sweet idea. I'm going to have to file that away for possible future use. Another cool gestalt idea someone around here mentioned was having everyone be sorcerer/X. All the characters would be from a sorcerous family. That's another one I'm going to have to use someday.

Starman

Sejs

First Post
Ya know, thinking about it some ... I really like this idea. Considder it yoinked. ^_^

Additional nice thing - with the /Monk gestalt, there would be alot less dependance on magic items to provide personal abilities for non-spellcasters. Definite bonus.

Gez

First Post
Starman said:
That's a sweet idea. I'm going to have to file that away for possible future use. Another cool gestalt idea someone around here mentioned was having everyone be sorcerer/X. All the characters would be from a sorcerous family. That's another one I'm going to have to use someday.

That someone would have been me. :)

Remove ads