• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WW D&D Day playing....

Treebore

First Post
Hey, I played the Avenger yesterday, and I was wondering about a modifier. It said I had a +6 STR bonus and a +3 sword, but all the power write ups had me doing only +8 damage bonus', should it have been +9? None of us were 4E experts, not even the DM, we were all just trying out 4E to see how 11th level plays.

RigaMortus2

First Post
If you were level 11, you would have a base attack bonus of half you level, so that would be +5.

If you were proficient in the sword, that would be +3 proficiency bonus.

5+3 = +8

Depending on the power you were using, you may or may not apply your Str bonus to the attack roll (or, it could be a completely other ability modifier for that matter). The power description should tell you what ability score applies to the attack roll (if any).

Aexalon

Explorer
Avenger powers use the character's Wisdom modifier for to-hit and damage calculations purposes, not his/her Strenght modifier. Where does it say this? In every Avenger attack power. Notable exception: basic melee attack (not actually an Avenger power, of course, but you have access to it none the less; it uses Strength, unless you have the Melee Training feat).

Last edited:

Mythlore

First Post
There's a thread on WotC boards in "What's a DM to Do?" and somewhere here on ENWorld by "smeelbo" -- and somewhere in the thread, he found someone who had done their best to errata all the pre-gen characters, and posted up fixed sheets for anyone to download.

Apparently, all of the characters who had "Weapon Focus" (damage: +1/tier) only had factored in +1 to the damage instead of +2 (for being level 11, and thus, paragon tier, 2nd tier, earns that extra +1).

I don't follow how you or anyone here in this thread did the math, but you do seem to be coming to the right conclusion.

Check out that thread: Tips for DMing PHB2 Release Day Adventure. You can also find a bunch of other useful information about the quest that people had questions about.

Treebore

First Post
There's a thread on WotC boards in "What's a DM to Do?" and somewhere here on ENWorld by "smeelbo" -- and somewhere in the thread, he found someone who had done their best to errata all the pre-gen characters, and posted up fixed sheets for anyone to download.

Apparently, all of the characters who had "Weapon Focus" (damage: +1/tier) only had factored in +1 to the damage instead of +2 (for being level 11, and thus, paragon tier, 2nd tier, earns that extra +1).

I don't follow how you or anyone here in this thread did the math, but you do seem to be coming to the right conclusion.

Check out that thread: Tips for DMing PHB2 Release Day Adventure. You can also find a bunch of other useful information about the quest that people had questions about.

Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads