• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WWII spycraft

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I'm sorry if it was an honest mistake, and for being a bit rude. I....well, Piratecat knows why I did it...I had my reasons.

Sagan Darkside

First Post
Salutations,

I know this will be of know immediate help, but AEG is going to be putting out decade books that give more info on adjusting Spycraft for spying in different times/tones. I am not sure of which decades they plan other then the 60's is the first one.

The Wolf's Hour by Robert McCammon was about a spy (granted a werewolf one) that went on a mission against the Nazi's. It may generate some ideas.

SD

MacPhail

First Post
Hellboy and others...

Mike Mignola has done extensive work with the paranormal in the immediate postwar era in his Hellboy comics, which I have used for ideas in the past. Also Jack Higgins-- no mysticism there, but a hell of a good read and easily pirated plot elements. Check out Cold Harbour, The Eagle Has Landed and To Catch a King. I'm especially fond of his recurring characters and their various motivations. One of your players could have a lot of fun with a character modelled after Liam Devlin, Higgins' Irish agitator who was tapped by the Germans as their "5th column" man on the ground for a secret invasion of England in The Eagle Has Landed.
I listed a ton of films in the other WWII thread in this forum... all this talk of WWII is making me consider giving it a go myself!

dpmcalister

Explorer
Micar Sin said:
Dpm- Hand of glory? Haven't heard of that one.

It's a Shadowforce Archer supplement dealing with a villainous organisation that has some basis in WWII (Germany to be specific). Not all of it might be useful, but I think that you'll find some good information inside it.

Raptor

First Post
Although I don't use any the paranormal aspects of Spycraft your idea sounds pretty cool. Another book I suggest that you might want to use as filler material is Lammas Nights by Katherine Kurtz > it explores the use of magic during World War 2.

Morgenstern

First Post
Wow :), sounds like fun. Some great ideas going. Please keep us informed on how the game turns out.

As to the decade books, we're doing 1960's this year, but do have plans for a 1940's book eventually. Not in time to be much help to you. Sorry :(. Still, the 1960's book (later this year) may be helpful, as we'll be looking at a number of pre-computers inteligence officer types. As it stands, you'd probably have to make some changes to Snoops to fit them in with the time period.

Chingerspy

First Post
This idea sounds great! I have always had an interest in Military History especialy WWII era. I am getting a few sparks of imagination for a campaign of this era myself! If anything comes out of these sparks I will endevour to post them up here.

A couple of good computer games I can think of for ideas are:

Classic commando stuff
Commando's, Beyond the call of Duty and Commando's 2
Medal of Honour

Freaky weird stuff
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

There are probably more but hey I don't get round to playing computer games that much. These I have played and some missions could be ripped straight from them and stuck into Spycraft.

Mortaneus

First Post
If you're going to do something with WWII, I highly recommend picking up GURPS WWII. It has the single best international summary of the course of the war I've ever seen. The level of detail in that book is absolutely incredible. Most of it is easily pulled, it actually being light on system specific info.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads