• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-files 2 - anyone seen it yet?

danzig138

Explorer
This was really a movie for the fans who watched the show season after season from the start. I liked a lot, I hope they can come back and make more.
Yes, this. But they don't have to make more (though if they do, I'll be there). This felt like a better wrap up for the series than the actual finale did (and I liked it).

And a Millennium movie would be cool too.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
I can't believe this thread (and more forums) are not alight with the flames of war.

This movie was a slap in the face to the fans. It's obvious they put almost nothing into this movie. And the post-credits? Without spoiling anything, I have to say this: that final shot is something you see in a bad Disney movie. Not something you see in the X-Files.

Out of curiosity: I know a relationship-esque event happened (maybe even more than once) in the series, but I thought they never made it explicit? Did I miss that episode? Because this movie pretty much throws it in your face, and I was not too happy about that (but if it was made explicit in the series and I just missed it, well then I stand corrected).

The movie still sucked though. As a standalone movie, and as an X-Files movie, it was a failure. And I'm convinced it was meant to bury any chance of another X-Files movie/show/anything.

Which is sad, because what else does Chris Carter have as a claim to fame? Millenium was good, but it sure as hell won't pay the bills or make him famous.

Last edited:

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Now it is starting to sound watchable..

Don't get your hopes up. There's a couple disembodied limbs, but really, nothing you can't see in any cop drama on TV.

Almost no violence is perpetrated on screen, but it's not like they did it all artsy and stuff. It's just that not a whole lot actually happens in this movie.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
It was ok. I had higher expectations though. Having seen it in the theater, I think I would have been better off waiting to watch it on DVD.

Yeah, I'd have to say that nothing in this movie requires a big screen viewing. If you have a Netflix account, throw it in the queue and check it out when it comes up.

My wife and I enjoyed it, It was a refreshing character driven story. No special effects but it has the same quality as the earlier episodes of the series. A good mystery, with a few surprises and some suspenseful scenes.

I found it emininently more watchable than the first film, actually.

Mark K

death tribble

First Post
There was a fundraiser for one of Gillian Anderson's pet charities and they did a showing at the Empire cinema. 77 out of 90 seats filled with X-Files and Gillian fans. Quite wonderful setting.
I liked it. But you have to sit through the credits.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I missed it too. The wikipedia entry says:

In a post-credits scene, Mulder and Scully, together in swimsuits in a boat on a tropical ocean, casually row toward an island while waving directly at a helicopter whose shadow we see.

timbannock

Hero
Supporter
Yeah, that's what some quick research turned up for me, too. But I don't see why that would be worth sitting through the credits for.

Because it's not.

Sorry to threadcrap so much, but I really don't understand why people liked this movie. It was poor in almost every department.

Some of the dialog wasn't terrible, I guess.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads