X Marks the Spot: What's This Magic: The Gathering D&D Adventure?

PAX Unplugged (a US convention) took place this weekend. These photos were taken by Robert Adducci. "A prison escape for an unlikely group of heroes turns into a race for an ancient relic sought by the Legion of Dusk. Can you brave the unknown and capture the treasure before the enemy does? This Dungeons & Dragons adventure is set on the plane of Ixalan from Magic: The Gathering. It uses 4th-level characters provided with the adventure."

PAX Unplugged (a US convention) took place this weekend. These photos were taken by Robert Adducci. "A prison escape for an unlikely group of heroes turns into a race for an ancient relic sought by the Legion of Dusk. Can you brave the unknown and capture the treasure before the enemy does? This Dungeons & Dragons adventure is set on the plane of Ixalan from Magic: The Gathering. It uses 4th-level characters provided with the adventure."

mtg1.jpg
mtg2.jpg
mtg3.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
The Planeshift articles by Wyatt have guidelines to RPing a Planeswalker, and do not treat it as a class or high level ability.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
The Planeshift articles by Wyatt have guidelines to RPing a Planeswalker, and do not treat it as a class or high level ability.

Which is a good way to do it if you want to play a variety of classes with planeswalking ability. Looking at the cast of planeswalker cards, many of them seem to have varied classes (I'm also using the comics for their background). Garruk looks like a barbarian/ranger, Chandra looks like a rogue/sorcerer, Liliana could be a warlock, Ajani might be a cleric.

Having the planeswalking spark being something else that the character has instead of requiring a feat or class I think is a good way to go about playing a planeswalker. If you really wanted to, you could even have the planeswalker spark add additional spell-like abilities related to the colour(s) the character most identifies with but in this case, I think it would be best to do so only if every player is a planeswalker, otherwise those who aren't may feel over shadowed.

Remove ads

Remove ads