Spoilers X-Men '97 spoilers

As far as I know, Storm and Jean don't have mutant abilities to create clothing out of thin air, which is why it was jarring to me, it seems to defy the established lore of the world we are presented.
She literally does it in the first episode of the cartoon - like, the first ever one, back in 1992. And she's done it ever since.

Yes in the comic books she definitely doesn't have the mutant power to do that - yet still does it at times - but in the TV cartoon, her power set has always encompassed instant costume changes. Surprising as that may be.

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
So, the return of Cap happened off screen. Typical. (For those who don't know or don't remember, Captain America got trapped in another dimension in the old Spider-Man series).

Helena Real

Dame of Solamnia (she/her)
A wonderfully heart-wrenching episode. As a Rogue lover, this episode was everything I could have asked for.

IMO, however, this should've been episode 6 and the aired episode 6 should've been 7 or even later. I needed this episode after 5. At least we got it, though ☺

Stalker0

Legend
I wonder if Sebastian Shaw is dead if frost made it out? On the one hand his power should have absorbed all of the damage from the following debris. And then likely could have blasted his away out.

But it’s also possible it was so much debris that he actually suffocated

Stalker0

Legend
One other interesting thing in this episode. Morph has showcased physical abilities with his shifting before like super strength (through a big muscled body) or wings like angel. But he’s never demonstrated super speed before. So i guess he can literally do anything that involves body motion. That’s pretty nuts, that makes me a LOT stronger than i thought he was

Zeromaru X

Arkhosian scholar and coffee lover
The powers of Morph are a mystery for us, because he is not a character from the comics. He is a really loose adaptation of Changeling, a mutant that has appeared very little in the comics (I think he was killed pretty early in the comics and stayed dead). So, this series is basically creating the basic lore for Morph.

Remove ads