[X Men Evolution] New Episodes soon

s/LaSH

First Post
Re: Rogue's outburst

Heretic Apostate said:
In the episode where Rogue starts getting overwhelmed by the personalities she's absorbed, I'm led to wonder, just how powerful are her abilities?

For instance, two of the forms she wacked out in were Juggernaut and Cyclops. In each case, she also manifested their equipment, the things that let them do what they do: Juggernaut's armor/helmet and Cyclops' visor.

If she absorbed Wolverine, would she also absorb his adamantine skeleton and claws?

I thought she could only absorb from people, not from inanimate objects?

Combination of Mystique's fabric mimicry (fun fact: Mystique is technically naked whenever you see her) and Rogue's ability to absorb powers on a genetic level. I don't know how established this is, but I believe the reason Scott needs his visor in the first place is that, during his childhood parachuting/orphan incident, he got banged up pretty severely in the upstairs department, so the part of his brain that's supposed to control the optic blasts can't. So when Rogue absorbed the power, she didn't absorb the injury that prevented its full use, just the training that instilled her with the instinct to use it through the visor. In fact, if you think back to season 1 and Blob's first appearance, she was able to absorb Cyke's powers and wander around with her eyes open; sure they were glowing, but she wasn't blasting everything in sight.

There, is that a good explanation? (I know the writers of the show must have thought about this, because it all makes sense.)

So if Rogue were to tap Wolverine, she'd get his adamantite skeleton and claws because of the power she tapped from Mystique?

If Mystique can mimic perfectly equipment like Wolverine's stuff, why can't she mimic the armor & helmet of Juggernaut? Isn't that what gives Juggernaut all his power?

Though I seem to remember, from the previous X-Men series, that there's some magical item that gives Jug his powers. (Some geek got hold of it, and suddenly Jug was a 400-pound weakling... Jug got his powers back, and sent the magic item shooting out into space.)

Ranger REG

Explorer
Green Knight said:

I hate Kids WB just for that very reason. Remember Batman Beyond? No WAY that series should've ended when it did. Fortunately, X-Men: Evolution will be getting a 4th season, although it'll only be 9 episodes (The second season was 17 episodes, which is 4 more than normal, so I suppose the 4th season is 4 episodes short to make up for that).
Don't shoot the messenger. Blame it on the Nielsen kids. Batman Beyond is good enough for the older folks but apparently not good enough to hold the young'uns' attention ... except Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh!

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Heretic Apostate said:
If Mystique can mimic perfectly equipment like Wolverine's stuff, why can't she mimic the armor & helmet of Juggernaut? Isn't that what gives Juggernaut all his power?

Though I seem to remember, from the previous X-Men series, that there's some magical item that gives Jug his powers.

As Far As I Remember*: The Juggernaut gained his powers from the Ruby of Cytorrak (yes, the same Cytorakk that Dr. Strange invokes); "Whosoever touches this gem shall possess the power of the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. Henceforth, you who read these words shall become forevermore a human juggernaut." It made him invulnerable, gave him Class 100 strength (over 100 tons; actually no upper limit known) and made him 'unstoppable' (nothing so far has stopped his advance when he sets his mind to it; many tons of rock or amazing discharges of energy merely slow him down but do not stop him). He also can project a forcefield around himself to protect himself from energy attacks. He doesn't need to eat, sleep, breathe.. he's sustained by the mystical energy of Cytorrak.

The only know means of stopping him (or even hurting him) is to rip his helmet off and then hit him with a telepathic or psychic attack. He doesn't need any of the armor he wears; it seems to be there for the sole purpose of keeping that helmet affixed. And to look cool :)

*Note: This is per about 1985 or so; retcons and revisions may have changed all this. And the TV show isn't bound by any comics past history, so who know what it's like for TV Juggy.

fba827

Adventurer
WayneLigon said:

Thank you! I didn't know that site even existed.

YAY! *sees price* Oooh. Hmmm. $52 is a bit steep for 13 episodes, but I assume that's because they don't assume the volume will be very high. I might still get it.

Yes, I can't tell you the number of shows I keep hoping to see on that site. (not that I necessarily plan on getting them all, I just like to see ...) :)

I'm pretty sure the price listed there is MSRP, so you'll no doubt find it at discount in some locations/vendors once it does actually get released.

Jeremy

Explorer
Dark Psion said:
I have always wondered if Rogue could "Recall" previous powers she has sampled. It would make her one of the most powerful mutants in the world.

Interesting note, in the recent X-Treme X-men comics that was exactly what was driving Rogue insane. And also allowed her to be a one woman army.

Over the years she's sapped just about every player you can think of at some point or other and the combinations she used were utterly fantastic. Of course, they still didn't stop her from getting...

Well, Remy and Rogue were closer in that moment then they had been in a long while. ;)

Problem solved now for the time being. :)

Remove ads