• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-Men Legends

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
So is anyone else really excited about this game?

I know I am. I've even gone and pre-ordered it, even though I shouldn't have. From everything I've read it sounds like it'd be close to Balder's Gate or Everquest on the consoles. Which is pretty cool to me. Especially considering there are something like 15 playable characters. Not to mention cool unlockable costumes from earlier era's of the X-Men.

It's kind of set in the Ultimate X-Men universe, but also pulls from earlier sources and such. Which makes it, it's own X-Men continuity, I guess. Which is ok with me. :)

*Impatiently taps his foot and mutters something about hating to have to wait*

I played this a little bit at a London game con. VERY fun game...it REALLY annoys me that its coming out so soon, though. I've only got the money to pick up the Star Wars DVDs and Battlefront...I want this X-Men game too...cursed world...

John Crichton

First Post
I hear you. I could cancel my Star Wars DVD preorder but that would mean loosing out on the good deal I got. :(

EDIT: Holy monkey!!! I just checked my amazon.com order (for the Star Wars & THX1138 DVDs) with the intention of checking the price I got and weigh it against how badly I want to play this game and it just shipped and will be here tomorrow. The sick part is that I chose the free shipping option and will be getting it essentially the day after it came out. The whole order cost less than $60. Yow. I guess I'll have to hold out for X-men: Legends. Either that or starve until the end of the month.

*checks the cabinets for cans of food *

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
John, don't you have too much stuff to play already and too little time to play it in? Do you really want to add another game to the pile to look at mournfully, wishing you had the time to play it?

John Crichton

First Post
Truer words were never spoken, my friend. It is my curse (yeah, I know - not really a curse). Now that I actually have the income to support my gaming habit I have little time to ACTUALLY play the games.

To compound matters I haven't even touched Fable, yet. It's been sitting here for a week. I am a sad man. And as I type this I realize that I should be playing it and not posting on a MB. Oh, the irony. Not to mention the stupidity...

EDIT: I finally snapped. Cancelled a preorder for something else (not the Star Wars stuff) and ordered Legends. I am a shill for the gaming industry.

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
I generally waited until they drop in price and are pretty cheap, this way i don't feel as bad when it takes me forever to get around to playing them.

But I will play them eventually, I swear it!

Psychotic Dreamer

First Post
I got it today about 2:30 this afternoon and have been playing it since. I only stopped twice. Once to eat and once to watch CSI. I am really enjoying it.

John Crichton

First Post
Yep. Got it in the mail before work and played it for a few hours until I had to go in. The Mansion is very cool as is the Danger Room. I can see spending a good deal of time in there leveling up.

valn

First Post
I've played it with 3 friends last night.
We couldn't all play together at first, because it starts with only one character. But we did the first mission and one flash-back at 4 players and we had a blast. ;)

The game reminded us a lot of D&D Heroes in many ways (red/blue potions, leveling, etc).

It's nice to have Patrick Stewart doing Charles Xavier.
It's nice to hear Wolverine's claws coming out at the beginning of each area.
It's fun to have Rogue pick up Wolverine and throw him at the ennemies (like the fastball special).
Looks like we'll be playing this for the next couple of weeks. :D

Remove ads