• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E X2 Castle Amber Conversion for Pathfinder?

DMBrendon

First Post
I'd like to run X2 Castle Amber for my Pathfinder group. I have borrowed a hard copy from a friend, but there's a lot of work to do to make it palatable in a Pathfinder game. Is there a conversion already out there, or does someone have some tips?

There is a 3.x conversion. I know because the wife is Gming me through it right now. Don't remember where I found it though. Maybe from the archive here before that had it's issues.

DMBrendon

First Post
Define "palatable." Other than stat conversions, which can mostly just be eyeballed, what's the issue?
I must admit, I'm not quite good enough to eyeball the conversions, especially with all the new monsters that it introduces.

As for "palatable", I'd like to reduce the "save or die without warning" situations. With warning is OK, but out of the blue doesn't make a fun experience.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Well, the risk of sudden improbable death is part of the Castle Amber atmosphere, as much as it in Tomb of Horrors. But if that's too much, I'd either foreshadow it in some way during play, or change the death effects to 6d10 damage, or whatever could theoretically kill your strongest character with a max roll -- that's enough to hurt but not something that'll automatically take out a character.

Remove ads