D&D 5E Xanatar's Guide to Everything: Divine Soul Sorcerer

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Did you use some kind of software to make that transcript? Some of it is laughably unintelligible.

Working on it. It's the raw YouTube transcript which Youtube produces automatically. I am going through it and fixing things as I can.

pukunui

Legend
Working on it. It's the raw YouTube transcript which Youtube produces automatically. I am going through it and fixing things as I can.
Ah. I didn't know YouTube did that. Good to know. Thanks.

EDIT: The DDB transcript is better but it still reads like a computer did it rather than a human.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ah. I didn't know YouTube did that. Good to know. Thanks.

EDIT: The DDB transcript is better but it still reads like a computer did it rather than a human.

That's why I do it manually when I post the threads first. :)

I'm pretty sure you don't have to keep an alignment to keep your powers.

It'll more likely be a case of "Pick which plane you get your godly powers from, and you get spells from there"

Posting it like that makes me thing this'll be their take on a fiendish sorcerer too.

Maybe and maybe not.

Sure, 5E is much more flexible and base classes do not have the alignment restrictions of previous editions, but I could see them have sub-classes with alignment restrictions. Fox example, I could easily see the paladin with nine sub-classes, one for each alignment and each with it's own preferred oath.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
I like the idea of having a range of different divine abilities, rather than always healing. Even with just a limited list, this makes it easier to expand the list for other gods/domains/spheres of influence. Since I’m most interested in this subclass as a way of playing the Dragonlance Mystic, that’s exactly the sort of change to the UA Favored Soul that I was looking for.

Maybe and maybe not.

Sure, 5E is much more flexible and base classes do not have the alignment restrictions of previous editions, but I could see them have sub-classes with alignment restrictions. Fox example, I could easily see the paladin with nine sub-classes, one for each alignment and each with it's own preferred oath.

I personally feel that they'd just go with alignment for this class only mattering at character creations.

Pretty much the only thing that takes into account alignment in 5e is magic items, so I feel that they won't restrict subclasses based on alignment. Sure, there will be archetypes that lean towards certain alignments, but for the important parts it won't matter in the slightest.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
That's why I do it manually when I post the threads first. :)

I was doing in manually but got I think three people complaining about the transcript and so gave up half way through and just posted the DDB transcript. Because people could not wait 15 friggen minutes for me to clean it up after saying I was working on it.

Remove ads