D&D 5E Xanathar's Guide to Everything: Drunken Master Subclass

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The link Gyor meant to paste I suspect:

[video=youtube;tBx0EH4ogjY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBx0EH4ogjY[/video]

It sounds like it'll be close to what was in the UA.

There were many in this forum who didn't get that Drunken-style Kung Fu means acting like one is drunk, not necessarily being drunk.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
It sounds like it'll be close to what was in the UA.

There were many in this forum who didn't get that Drunken-style Kung Fu means acting like one is drunk, not necessarily being drunk.

The D&D versions of Drunken Master have always had more in common with the Jackie Chan "Drunken Master" movies than any real martial art style. :)

Chaosmancer

Legend
Why'd you have to say that Mearls, all you've done is invite people to complain that you didn't give them what they wanted.

But, yeah, I remember the UA Drunken Master being a really fun class, it needed some of it's stuff polished and swapped around. And I'll agree, the ability to redirect an attack back at an enemy is one of my most favorite things to do. So much satisfaction.

Li Shenron

Legend
Personally my favourite feature of Drunken Master and Kensei is the fact that they are largely non-magical. Of course the Monk base class has some supernatural abilities, but they don't feel strictly magic, while on the other hand the PHB really offers only the Open Hand as non-magical Monk character concept, since Four Elements and Shadow have strong magical elements (as does the Sun Soul).

Remove ads