• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Xanathar's Guide to Everything: What subclasses made the cut?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Yup, there will be a new Wizard subclass: the picture from the Wizard spell list looked like a Mystic Theurge to me, but we'll see.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Given the Beyond data published on Five thirty-eight today, the Barbarian being the fourth most popular class just ahead of Cleric makes me suspect that it will get 3 new options here.

GarrettKP

Explorer
Aside from a few minor changes to the core rulebook, I am hoping we get some mechanics that interact with hit dice. I am also hoping they redo the fiend patrons spell list since it's fifth level spells are oddly out of character. That and the mountain dwarf subrace getting +2 strength instead of +1 strength like all other subraces. I also modified their medium and light armor proficency to grant +1 armor bonus if they are already proficent in light and medium armor. This bonus only applies if they are wearing light or medium armor, not heavy armor.

Heres the celestial patron spell list I am hoping for:

1st-cure wounds,guiding bolt
2nd-lesser restoration,angazzars scorcher
3rd-revivify,daylight
4th-death ward,wall of fire
5th-flame strike,greater restoration.

I would hope that the fiend patron gets immolation as a 5th level spell instead of flame strike. Also geas instead of hallow. Replace wall of fire with something like compulsion.

They are not going to change the Fiend Patrons spells or the Mountain Dwarf's racial stats. This is not an errata for the PHB.

GarrettKP

Explorer
DMCT2MFUQAAH39m.jpg

All three Barbarians made it!

gyor

Legend
"We'll get the rest of the ToC up next week after the forge domain from the last milestone."

From Trevar Kidd in the same twitter thread you got the pic from.

Thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads