Xanathar's War Mage is Gandalf, Dr Strange, and Elric

Ok I love that he gave a shout out to old school Michael Morrcock character Elric What is Crazy is how old those books were when I started reading them 84-86 time frame

Ok I love that he gave a shout out to old school Michael Morrcock character Elric

What is Crazy is how old those books were when I started reading them 84-86 time frame

gyor

Legend
Curious thought - if they gave the War Wizard Expertise in Arcana, and kept the rest of the generic blaster abiltiies.... would that be a true generalist wizard?

You could replace Tactical with Expertise in Arcana and Historyif you wanted it to be more of a generalists wizard.

Kobold Boots

Banned
Banned
You could replace Tactical with Expertise in Arcana and Historyif you wanted it to be more of a generalists wizard.

This post resonated with me against the lions share of the other posts.

It’s well and good to discuss the things that you like and don’t like about any decision or publication.

But if you let anything you don’t like into your game it’s silly. Since everything is more or less broken nearly all the time, House rule your game to be the way your players want it to be. If the books are simply baselines for things there’s much less to be concerned about

Remove ads

Remove ads