(YB!) Irene vs Victarion (Patch Judging)!

Knight Otu

First Post
As if to spite the blowing winds, a thick, if small fog cloud hangs over the field, softer fog billowing around it. In the center of the fog, on a lone rock, sits a bald woman in simple clothes, juggling a few small stones - which might seem remarkable, as the woman has no eyes. That she also lacks a mouth further contributes to her strange appearance. Irene, the Mistwalker. At some point, she simply lets the stones fall to the ground as she opens a pouch on her belt, taking out a handful of red dust, which quickly forms into a billowing red staff. At the same time, the fog around her lightens and spreads out further. With the staff ready, Irene opens another pouch, this time with a blue dust. With a sweeping gesture, she drops the blue dust, and it forms words that soon flow back to her hand. "I know you are here, to fight."

Irene, the Mistwalker
Commoner 0
W/L 0/1

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
A bright pillar of light flares into being, chasing away the fog around it. As the brilliance fades into sparkling motes, a man steps forth. The dark leathers and bits of black archaic armor he wears seem almost at odds with the brightness, as does his wind-tossed black hair. He steps closer to Irene, looking her over with bright, cobalt eyes.

After a moment of quiet, he bows to her. "I am called Victarion, of the Shining Star. It would be an honor to face you in ritual combat."

Victarion of the Shining Star
Honored One, Apprentice 1 (1-0)
Signature Style: Northstar
1-0
Yen 1
Potion of Greed

Knight Otu

First Post
Irene quickly jumps away from sudden gaping hole in her perception, her staff raised to strike, but as soon as the mist resettles, she nods and listens to Victarion. With another sweeping gesture, she forms more words from the blue dust.

"I am Irene, the Mistwalker." As these words flow back to Irene's hand, the mist around Victarion momentarily thickens. "Consider walking the distance next time." she "adds" with what seems to be a frown.

With a wilder, angrier swing, she again drops the blue dust, this time forming the ritual insult.

I find your daughter to be half-witted, your tower to be shabby, and your reflexes to be callused.​

Rhun

First Post
"Indeed," says Victarion quietly. He takes a few steps back away from Irene and then turns to face her again.

"I find your student and your children to be proudly odd, your garden to be infectious, and your style to be clumsy."

Victarion of the Shining Star
Honored One, Apprentice 1 (1-0)
Signature Style: Northstar
1-0
Yen 1
Potion of Greed

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
After several long moments, Victarion glances about the area. He had rather expected a judge to make himself known. The long silence after the thrown insults was somewhat...awkward.

Knight Otu

First Post
Irene shrugs at the nonpresence of a judge, and a sweeping gesture forms another sentence with the blue dust.
"While we wait for a judge, we may as well pass the time." it reads, the blue dust following Irene as she goes back to the rock to sit down. With another sweeping gesture, the next sentence appears.
"Let us talk, then. What inspires you to fight?"

Rhun

First Post
"My mother," says Victarion, a wistful tone in his voice as he recalls her. He offers Irene a smile. "She was a most puissant fighter. Beautiful and deadly. And what of you? What inspired you to combat?

Knight Otu

First Post
Irene considers Victarion's words for a bit before she tilts her hand to drop the blue dust to form her answer.
"The curse. My stolen features. I know the path to break the curse, but I need greater power than I currently have to walk it."

Remove ads