[YB] Lady Diamond schools Mianaavri?

Lady Diamond

First Post
OOC: Hm, "Houston, we have a problem" :) does the Night Princess accept my challenge (and my edited stipulation at the end) and about joining the dojo if she wins? I think Berendor chose one but its difficult to tell with the boards timestamps.

Berandor

lunatic
Damn... tried to edit the thread title, but I only edited the pots title...

Anyway, it reads "Lady Diamond schools Mianaavri?", so yes, I accepted the first one's post - which is you, LadyD :)

And yes, I accept the stipulations, though at the moment, they are OOC only.

B

Lady Diamond

First Post
OOC: *shrug* yeah, we can't edit thread titles in vB, sucks don't it? And yes, the stipulation is OOC for now, but it relates to the Night Princess, not the Darkwalker. I do understand that you OOC play two roles here, and since I'm giving up sig style.. well.. some "payback" is due in return. And since you accepted. :)

IC:

Lady Diamond grins. Good! The child understands some of the forms of this realm.

"Child, before we begin, it seems demeaning that I can call you nothing but "child". What is your name? She backs off farther, and issues the ritual insult in response:

I find your groundskeeper to be shabby, your house to be hellish, and your teachings to be lacking.

psychognome

First Post
Berandor said:
Psychognome, I'm sorry! Lady Diamond just posted right before you... I'm fine either way, but as Diamond was... well, I hope you're not too annoyed at this.

Unless Lady D, of course, just wanted to fight me out of mercy :)

No prob!:)

Wicht

Hero
Three ancient judges, followed by their heavy laden flag girl arrive and agree to judge the match. They motion to the small girl to pick the length of the fight and then announce...

The ancient masters have decreed this match to take place at the mountain north-west of the Old Hermit's Village on the evening of the sword.

Berandor

lunatic
"Two flags... no, wait, three! Or..."
Mia turns her back on the mountain, looking down into the village. Smoke rises from the hearths of the old hermits making their living down there. It is late in the day now, and suddenly she feels very hungry.
"Ah, it is the eve of the sword. The sword cuts deep and quick. Two flags!"

She then bows quickly to the judges and Lady Diamond, and with a face red of eagerness, proceeds.
Her jabs are short and painful, and she tries to keep the honorable warrior at a comfortable distance.

The falcon mangles the island; blocks the speed of the honor then it leaps atop the descent of the mist!

OOC: I wasn't thinking of the Darkwalker, anyhow. I just wanted to say that should I win, either Diamond or Mia would have to bring the topic up...

EDIT: 20,000 spelling errors under the sea :)

Last edited:

Lady Diamond

First Post
So, then. The little one wishes not to say her name. Youth and short stature speak little of fighting skill, yet Lady Diamond wishes more to guide, rather than mangle. Brutality can bend bodies, but only perserverance can guide souls, and thusly the flesh the mind drives. The mountains behind her as well, the simple folk living their lives out as the gods will, Lady Diamond begins.

Lady Diamond bows to the honorable judges, and to her youthful opponent. She matches style (hm, generator stuck) and wards off the child's painful short jabs, leaving no effect upon her person. She blocks the child's line of sight, leaving her open fully to Lady Diamond's next attack.

The falcon swims upon the foothills; shreds the gaze of the willow!

Wicht

Hero
The judges chuckle to themselves. It is clear that Lady Diamond has underestimated her opponent based on her youth. But as the girl demonstrates youth can be full of energy.

Point and one Flag to Mia, One Flag Neutral

Berandor

lunatic
Oh, my. She had forgotten the most basic rules of behavior. Mia stops in her track, bowing rigidly before her opponent.
"Uhm... by the way, I am Mianaavri." She seems finished, but then, almost as an afterthought, adds with emphasis,
"The Moonlight Princess!"

Content, she advances again. For a moment, she forgets whom she is facing, and feels powerful, just like a panther facing a scorpion. She attacks with power, forgetful that sometimes, size doesn't matter, and not thinking of the scorpion's sting.

The jaguar breaks the island; averts the roar of the vermin!

Remove ads