• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[yb-meta/humor] Personas/Inside Jokes/Lore

reiella

Explorer
Curious about the different "personalities"/inside jokes/assorted Lore that have existed in the game.

Thought it might be fun to keep track of different things :).

Rathan

First Post
How could anyone forget Rathan's funreal tha Kamard threw... it's still talked about to this day... heh

The Cat fights of yesteryear of course.....

I'll try and think or more......

Ciaran

First Post
There are Rini's assorted furry friends, and it really pisses her off when they get attacked while she's judging a style match. :)

There's Mirashi Iso's gem body and the resulting theft of Dirty Harry's physical form.

I gather that there's all sorts of stories told about the early YB2 fighters, like Gray and Kazz't and so forth, but I don't actually know any details, not having been around during that period.

- Eric

Creamsteak

Explorer
I actually have a huge story involving Sanctus Togashi, but it's not very wise of me to reveal my true secrets just yet. Especially when Temuro could be around at any time to discover them...

Gustaf is cursed with a certain bane, but I can't reveal that either!

Samanosuke is trying to form his own dojo-chain seperate from the great chain of Darkwolf. (He's a brown belt now, so he's pretty far...)

Blue and Rogue will make for interesting battle partners in days to come, as they are meant to be light vs. dark completely, and I think that this direct association is good.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Yep, I still remember Rathan's funeral myself. That clown (the entertainment, not Rathan) was FUNNY! I literally did ROFLOL!!

Some of my favorite memories in YBland are when Kith the dojo master got killed by Mirashi and I then revealed that Kith and Shard (another character of mine) had been two personalities inside one body and that killing the one killed the other! That was a fun twist.

But my most enjoyable storyline was the romance between my character Nikodemus and Lady Tsin. Their love sprung up during a fight and flowered slowly and with much intense role-playing into a strong character-to-character relationship. That was the best time I've had so far! :D

z_mystic

First Post
Ah, Lord Soth's Vineyards...

...good times, good times...

And to think I was forgetting what exactly was so fun about him. ;)

Kalanyr

Explorer
Kalanyr looks at Lord Soth's body still in his glade and unburied after more than a year and looks somewhat embarrassed.

Knight Otu

First Post
It first came up in Temuro's first fight against Sahiro Tso-Nah that Temuro has an unknown enemy, who paid Tso-Nah to beat up the Phoenix bushi. Temuro still seeks him, although with less vigor than before, seeing that the enemy seems to have vanished. However, he suspects Sanctus Togashi.

(Of course, the enemy was an invention of Jeph, but that is Out of Game knowledge ;))

Ash'lon, the mad abomination, might lose his fiend-dragon soul in specific circumstances, essentially becoming a normal, but soul-less human. Whether that would be preferable to his current state is not forseeable.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads