Yesterday's session

Voadam

Legend
Our 15th level party of four has an exalted vow of poverty druid shifter (with fast healing), a paladin with grossen charisma and that sacred burst healing feat, a cleric/fighter4, and an arcane trickster.

So close to four divine casters and tons of healing.

For them it was the 27 HD iron chimera that went down in about four rounds in the last game, even though the AT missed his save on sleep gas and was knocked out for the whole fight. The cleric has an adamantine +4 dwarven warhammer though.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Well, the important thing is, from the sound of it, everyone is enjoying the game.

I know that to challenge the characters, for the big guys anyway, I'd probably have a spellcaster who isolated some of the characters with walls of force or stone. It makes healing someone a little more difficult.

In materia Magica, there's this one magic armor property/ability called reboudning. A paladin in my campaign has a suit of leather armor +4 with it. 50% of the time it bouces half of the damage unto the enemy. He's taken out many a foe with it. Curse Improved Toughness and his horde of hit points!

hong

WotC's bitch
Thanee said:
So, how much is a mithral golem worth as treasure? Would be quite a fortune, I guess. :)

Bye
Thanee
It turned into a pumpkin after they killed it, but let's keep that between ourselves. :p

(This campaign features a lot less treasure-hunting than the usual D&D game. They did find 5 artifact-grade weapons and armour after killing the golem, though, so it wasn't a complete writeoff from the balance sheet's point of view.)

LordVyreth

First Post
Thanee said:
So, how much is a mithral golem worth as treasure? Would be quite a fortune, I guess. :)

Bye
Thanee

Heh, I ran into a similar situation to hong's and that was the same thing the PCs asked when they killed it. The situation started out similar as well, except the barbarian was a fighter, we only had one divine caster who ran out of heals by round 3, and the battle w/ the golem ended at that point when the arcane caster just tossed a wall of force around the golem (3.0 dome version.) They eventually killed it after finishing off the many other enemies, and when they inquired about how much the golem was worth I just said that the very act of destroying it ruined most of the mithral in it, and anyway it wasn't pure mithral pre-enchantment anyway, or they would cost way more to build in the first place. They weren't too upset, though, since the actual adventure involved diverting a river of molten gold into the hold of a friendly pirate ship, and they split that reward with the pirates 50/50!

Remove ads