• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Yet Another Gestaut Post

Kabol

First Post
Hello All, Been a Lurker for a while. But a friend and me have been haveing a talk about Gestalt characters, and im Curious as to your all's view.

What do you think would be the "best" Gestalt Duo? We play in a Low magic world, with strick Arcane limitations so a wizzard/sorc prob not an option. Theres so Many Duos, and so Many differant takes on it. And its been a rather fun topic between us.

BTW. Best does not really mean the Most powerful per sae, While Survivability and Power is nice, its more important for them to be fun and interesting.

So, Toss your Ideas into the Ring, what you think is a good Gestalt Duo?

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Sorcerer/rogue has worked really well.

I view my characer as a rogue who just happens to use empowered fireballs as his range weapon. ;)

As for other good combos, the monk/wizard in the party is a serious butt-kicker (no pun intended).

(Oh, and by the way - welcome to the boards!!!)

Last edited:

MDSnowman

First Post
DaveMage said:
Sorcerer/rogue has worked really well.

I view my characer as a rogue who just happens to use empowered fireballs as his range weapon. ;)

As for other good combos, the monk/wizard in the party is a serious butt-kicker (no pun intended).

(Oh, and by the way - welcome to the boards!!!)

You kidding? If I was a full on Sorcerer/Rogue I would load up on the Illusion spells and take Shocking Arrows (from R&R2) as my first 2nd level spell... by the time you hit 8th level you'll be greater invisible, and blasting your foes with Electrical Arrows that do 8d8+8 Points of Damage on top of your Sneak Attack.... now that's a power combo.

ThaDium

First Post
Go for Monk/Cleric. It's far and away the most powerful combo. Use the cleric spells to buff the crap out of yourself and wade it. Tack on the Magic domain and be 3 classes in one!

Druid/Rogue can also be vicious. You get city and nature skills and can use your summoned creatures to flank.

Hope that helps.

ThaDium

MDSnowman

First Post
Kabol said:
Its a very Low magic world - so being an Arcane caster is prob not going to happon.

I don't see Gestalt as the right way to do a low magic world... you might want to try a game with Generic classes instead.

Elrik_DarkFury

First Post
You kidding? If I was a full on Sorcerer/Rogue I would load up on the Illusion spells and take Shocking Arrows (from R&R2) as my first 2nd level spell... by the time you hit 8th level you'll be greater invisible, and blasting your foes with Electrical Arrows that do 8d8+8 Points of Damage on top of your Sneak Attack.... now that's a power combo.

Isn't this spell great or what.And if i remember well(i don't have my books anywhere nearer than 600 Km :D ) you can enchant the arrows/bolts a lot of time before the combat!
R&R are great books> :) .

MDSnowman

First Post
Elrik_DarkFury said:
Isn't this spell great or what.And if i remember well(i don't have my books anywhere nearer than 600 Km :D ) you can enchant the arrows/bolts a lot of time before the combat!
R&R are great books> :) .

Hehe yep the arrows remain enchanted until they're fired... a Gestalt character with that spell and sneak attacks is essetially a mobile sniper able to blast things into obilivion. Hell with the Energy substitution feat they become utterly unstoppable (Sonic Arrows? It's over, no one has sonic resistence)

sparxmith

First Post
Monk/Druid

I'm of the opinion that Monk Druid is the best combo. The stats synergize, the monk abilities and druid abilites nicely stack, and the spells are pretty dang good. If you have access to the Book of Exalted Deeds, take the Vow of Poverty with it for a truly frightening character.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads