D&D 5E Ygorl, Slaad Lord of Entropy

the Jester

Legend
Ygorl at the beginning of time.jpg

For those of you unfamiliar with the lore, Ygorl is a slaad lord, on a level akin to demon princes and arch-devils. It is the slaad lord of entropy and goes back to the 1e Fiend Folio. It was also the BBEG of the most recent section of my campaign, in which basically a chaos apocalypse broke out and slaad tadpoles were raining from the sky and rapidly transforming into slaadi everywhere.

Some of the lore added to Ygorl in 4e suggested that it existed backwards in time, being born at the end and not ceasing to exist until the beginning. Because of this, to truly beat it, the pcs had to travel to the beginning of time and confront it when it was most powerful, at the end of its existence.

Well, last night they did it! The party consisted of a massive NINE pcs, several of whom are epic (level 20 with several boons), plus the paladin's giant goat mount. They had to take on Ygorl in three stages, each somewhat diminished from the one before, but with even the last being CR 24. I'll attach the stats I used for those interested in checking them out; I based them on his official-ish stats (found in Mordenkainen's Folio of Fiends or something?), but only roughly. Also, you'll note that I have the unfinished slaad minion stat block as well.

Attachments

• chaos apocalypse ygorl at the beginning of time.pdf
    133.4 KB · Views: 160

Remove ads